How long does E-visa take

And when applying it asks badly worded and irrelevant questions such as 

"Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport"

or 

" A confirmation letter from employer, School, Self-assessment, Pension statement"

if anyone could help me out on how to answer these questions would really appreciate it.

I received a Non O  E-visa a month ago, I waited 48 hours for the emailed visa. I think many Thai Consulates abroad need to update their specific visa requirements so it corresponds to the new E-visa questionnaire system many use now. I had 'surprise' questions on my E-visa application due to the fact that on the Embassy website Visa outline some requirements were not listed and were asked for in the E-visa application site. Don't know what E-visa you are trying, I did not have those two you mentioned.

How long depends. What consul and how is their workload?

Last year it took about 11 days total from Los Angeles consulate  This included two weekends, one being Thanksgiving which is a 4 day shutdown, and me having to resend one document.

To get past the  irrelevant questions I simply added another copy of a relevant document.  For example "provide evidence you are a legal resident of the country you are applying from" Appended another copy of my US passport.

Edited by Captain Monday

On 6/15/2022 at 11:48 PM, danny goldberg said:

And when applying it asks badly worded and irrelevant questions such as 

"Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport"

or 

" A confirmation letter from employer, School, Self-assessment, Pension statement"

if anyone could help me out on how to answer these questions would really appreciate it.

The best help I got on answering questions for e-visa applications was from the consulate itself, and I was able to contact them through Facebook direct messaging. 

I wish I could help you with the exact questions in your post, but they are different from the ones I've encountered. The questions may differ depending on the type of visa and the consulate.  In my case, once the specific consulate had clarified what was needed via FB messaging, I was able to apply, pay and receive an e-visa in within two days.