Friend's Name Disappeared from My Line Account.

As the title says, all my contacts are OK. this one just disappeared. I am at present in the UK, my friend is in Thailand. Maybe I have blocked him by mistake. I don't even know how to block anyone.

Anyone know what could have happened? Is there any way I can restore him? Thanks.

15 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

This probably means that he deleted his Line account.

If you blocked him you can restore him under Settings -> Friends -> Blocked accounts

I am really very ignorant about using line, I cannot find settings etc.

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am really very ignorant about using line, I cannot find settings etc.

Go to the "Home" page (the house icon next to "Chats"), click on the "Settings" cog (top right), scroll down to and click on "Friends", the blocked/hidden accounts are at the bottom of that page.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Go to the "Home" page (the house icon next to "Chats"), click on the "Settings" cog (top right), scroll down to and click on "Friends", the blocked/hidden accounts are at the bottom of that page.

I did this, and I have not blocked any accounts. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It has stated that I have not blocked or hidden any accounts.

Go to "home"

Press on figure in top right with a + next to it. On thst page click on ID.

Enter your friends ID in that box. click search and it will find it for you.

Remember their official line ID may not be the same as their displayed name.

If you dont know the line ID select the phone number option instead of ID and enter their phone number and they can be fpund by that.

28 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Go to "home"

If you dont know the line ID select the phone number option instead of ID and enter their phone number and they can be fpund by that.

I tried that but it said something like cannot be contacted.

54 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Go to "home"

I have tried that and it does not work, says something like "cannot be found".

I have this occasionally with one of my contacts who I know is still active.  When I'm on Line on my phone he is on my list but doesn't appear there when I am on my laptop.  However when I send him a message from my phone he reappears magically on my laptop list.

It seems to be a glitch. Try logging in from a different device.

• Like 1

The person has deleted the chat conversation they had with you.

They deleted it as they may have been removing old contacts they no longer need or want.

You can only contact them again if you know their LINE ID ,   and even then they can +add you as a friend or they can block/delete you again.  

Edited by steven100

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

The person has deleted the chat conversation they had with you.

They deleted it as they may have been removing old contacts they no longer need or want.

You can only contact them again if you know their LINE ID ,   and even then they can +add you as a friend or they can block/delete you again.  

I have not been blocked or deleted, I am still in regular contact with him via email and TV/AN PM's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I have not been blocked or deleted, I am still in regular contact with him via email and TV/AN PM's.

hmm ......  ok ,  then just give him your LINE id  and he can +add you as a friend again .... or you get his LINE id and vice-versa .  That's your only way ....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

hmm ......  ok ,  then just give him your LINE id  and he can +add you as a friend again .... or you get his LINE id and vice-versa .  That's your only way ....

Excuse my ignorance. Is your line ID the four digit no you use to sign in, or if not, how do I know what it is?

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Excuse my ignorance. Is your line ID the four digit no you use to sign in, or if not, how do I know what it is?

no it's not that four digit,  that's just for signing in if thats what you use to open your LINE.

On LINE on PC :    When you open LINE .... click on three dots at bottom left of your box ....  then click on the settings tab ....  that will open your basic info which will show your LINE ID .

On LINE on mobile :    When you open LINE ....  click on the home icon in the bottom left corner .....  then click on the gear cog icon in the top right of the screen ....   then click on edit profile heading .....  that will then show your ID under ID heading. 

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

no it's not that four digit,  that's just for signing in if thats what you use to open your LINE.

On LINE on PC :    When you open LINE .... click on three dots at bottom left of your box ....  then click on the settings tab ....  that will open your basic info which will show your LINE ID .

On LINE on mobile :    When you open LINE ....  click on the home icon in the bottom left corner .....  then click on the gear cog icon in the top right of the screen ....   then click on edit profile heading .....  that will then show your ID under ID heading. 

When I click on gear cog icon there is nothing that says edit profile heading.

11 hours ago, possum1931 said:

When I click on gear cog icon there is nothing that says edit profile heading.

aha .....  well it appears to be different because that's what I get.

Your on a mobile phone LINE app right  ?

anyway,  your LINE id will be their somewhere .... it should be under Profile ... or Account ... 

It will have your email address used,  your user name ,  and somewhere there will be your LINE id.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2022 at 4:08 AM, steven100 said:

aha .....  well it appears to be different because that's what I get.

Your on a mobile phone LINE app right  ?

anyway,  your LINE id will be their somewhere .... it should be under Profile ... or Account ... 

It will have your email address used,  your user name ,  and somewhere there will be your LINE id.

I found out that I did not have a line ID, I have now created one. Can you tell me how I can use it to get my friend back in line?

15 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I found out that I did not have a line ID, I have now created one. Can you tell me how I can use it to get my friend back in line?

aha ..... 

well as you said before ' contact with him via email and TV/AN PM's. '   ( I would just AN/PM him )     tell him to add your new LINE id in the search friends box .

You need to email him or contact him via PM ....  and give him your LINE id ... and ask him to enter it in the search friends tab ....  then +add you as a friend,  he will then come up on your LINE to add him then chat away again.

Edited by steven100

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

aha ..... 

well as you said before ' contact with him via email and TV/AN PM's. '   ( I would just AN/PM him )     tell him to add your new LINE id in the search friends box .

You need to email him or contact him via PM ....  and give him your LINE id ... and ask him to enter it in the search friends tab ....  then +add you as a friend,  he will then come up on your LINE to add him then chat away again.

Tried that. It doesn't work. Maybe that's because I am in the UK and he is in Thailand.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Tried that. It doesn't work. Maybe that's because I am in the UK and he is in Thailand.

that is very strange to say the least .....  it doesn't matter that your in the UK and he is in Thailand ....   LINE connects anyone anywhere. 

so you gave him your new LINE ID   ? 

he put in the friends search box but got nothing ?    

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

that is very strange to say the least .....  it doesn't matter that your in the UK and he is in Thailand ....   LINE connects anyone anywhere. 

so you gave him your new LINE ID   ? 

he put in the friends search box but got nothing ?    

That is what happened, but it does not matter now as I will be back in Thailand in a couple of weeks. Thanks.