U.K. government approves Julian Assange extradition to U.S. on spying charges

onthedarkside

Screenshot_2.jpg.217ade1395e52d1c60fc23ad68e007b2.jpg

The British government has approved the extradition of Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks, to the United States to face charges of espionage.

Assange now has 14 days to appeal the decision of both the District Judge and the Secretary of State’s decision to order extradition.

Assange has always denied any wrongdoing.

According to a tweet by Wikileaks, Assange will appeal through the legal system to the High Court.

(more)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/uk-government-approves-julian-assange-extradition-to-us-on-spying-charges/ar-AAYzzRQ

2110545302_ABCNews.jpg.95bc5a74a2c05e4c7180743f25e6272b.jpg

• Sad 7

6 hours ago, heybuz said:

Probably done a deal leave prince andy alone and you can have assange

Andrew was advised never to go anywhere near an American court. Good advice given the farcical, xenophobic way they work. Better to pay up and be thought guilty, rather than be found guilty even if innocent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Andrew was advised never to go anywhere near an American court. Good advice given the farcical, xenophobic way they work. Better to pay up and be thought guilty, rather than be found guilty even if innocent.

Yeah, right…that’s why he settled rather than face a trial. 

LOL

Edited by Bluespunk

8 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Pathetic! If they execute him, his blood will be on the hands of those who made the decision to extradite him!!! His misery will be either way! Unbelievable!!!

He’s not going to be executed.

The UK/US extradition treaty does not permit execution.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Camelot said:

Hasn't he suffered enough? The US will lock him up until he dies. He is Australian. Just let him go home.

All of his suffering is self inflicted.

He jumped bail, then hid from Justice, when he was finally removed from hiding he complained he wasn’t being allowed bail again.

I’ve got more respect for young scrouts up and down the country who when charged with a crime, man up and present themselves at court to face judgement.

Assange is a narcissist who believes himself above the law.

He’s been indicted, extradite him to trial in a court of law and let the jury decide.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

Sad story really.

The way I see it, whilst I appreciate the public service he set up with Wikileaks etc., and exposing the way those journalists were massacred in Eyerack, the fact is if he hadn't behaved like a cad towards his admiring lovers he'd never have landed in this situation.

All they asked him for was an AIDS test after he'd allegedly 'stealthed' them. He refused to comply for whatever reason and they quite reasonably made their complaints. The CIA could never had got a handle on him if he'd simply complied with a lover's request.

If any of my lovers were to ask for an AIDS test whatever the circumstances (and I don't rape by slipping off the rubber or not using one when requested - usually I insist) I wouldn't hesitate just to put their mind at rest.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 1:51 AM, RichardColeman said:

Can you confirm or deny that anyone has died as a result of any of his 'leaks'  ? If they have then would he not deserve the death penalty also ?

You're asking the wrong question! Any deaths can be directly laid at the hands of those exposed in the leaks. They're actions kickstarted it all. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 2:01 AM, DezLez said:

Part of the extradition conditions the UK sets is that he cannot be excecuted!

He doesn't deserve life in prison either  but I guess that wasn't part of the "conditions!"

On 6/18/2022 at 8:48 AM, generealty said:

pacovl46 said:

pacovl46 said:   (Pathetic! If they execute him, his blood will be on the hands of those who made the decision to extradite him!!! His misery will be either way! Unbelievable!!!)

Dezlez Part of the extradition conditions the UK sets is that he cannot be excecuted!

I think it's more a potential repeat of (I did not kill myself) Jeffrey Epstein, while awaiting trial.

Let's hope not. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if ge got killed by a "patriot" inmate while in protective custody. 

• Confused 1

On 6/18/2022 at 9:18 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

He’s not going to be executed.

The UK/US extradition treaty does not permit execution.

Well, life in prison is probably worse. They're not gonna let him off easy because they need to statue an example! 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 4:34 AM, Srikcir said:

Starting with the facts:

She was married to a US diplomat and not a known spy. Under the Geneva Convection, diplomatic immunity applies to the diplomats family among other kinds of immunities. 

However, for unstated reasons the US recently waived her immunity so she could be prosecuted. Likely there is an agreement between the US and the UK as to her prosecution. The 200 year security relationship (since 1812) between the US and UK deserved an equitable solution.

In other words they DID make exactly that deal and it just goes to show how ruthless they really are! Having said that, she deserves it and diplomatic immunity should not apply in circumstances like hers to begin with!!!

4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

He doesn't deserve life in prison either  but I guess that wasn't part of the "conditions!"

Where did this ‘life in prison’ thing of yours come from?

He’s currently in prison because he jumped bail the last time he was afforded the privilege. He is not facing a life time in prison if convicted.

He’s indicted, try him in court and let the jury decide.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Where did this ‘life in prison’ thing of yours come from?

He’s currently in prison because he jumped bail the last time he was afforded the privilege. He is not facing a life time in prison if convicted.

He’s indicted, try him in court and let the jury decide.

They WILL statue an example! They consider his crime to be high treason and he's gonna get some lengthy time.

• Like 1