Latest WISE (TransferWise) transfer from the US

3 minutes ago, treetops said:

I don't know where himmel is from so don't know his banking procedures, but for the UK (and I believe the EU) bank to Wise transfers are almost instantaneous in nearly all cases.

Where are from that induces delays?

I am from the UK.  I am making an 80,000 baht transfer to the Bangkok Bank. When using Wise i chose the transfer funds from my bank to Wise option.  I made the request on Friday and they have given Monday as the day the funds will be in the Bangkok bank. I am in no rush as don't need the funds until October .

Screen Shot :

aaaaaaa.jpg

1 minute ago, Denim said:

I am from the UK.  I am making an 80,000 baht transfer to the Bangkok Bank. When using Wise i chose the transfer funds from my bank to Wise option.  I made the request on Friday and they have given Monday as the day the funds will be in the Bangkok bank. I am in no rush as don't need the funds until October .

Screen Shot :

aaaaaaa.jpg

From your UK bank to Wise took 2 minutes.

The delay until Monday at just after 2:00pm is due to you selecting long stay in Thailand or house purchase as the reason for the transfer, or possibly just because it's over 50,000 baht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, treetops said:

The delay until Monday at just after 2:00pm is due to you selecting long stay in Thailand or house purchase as the reason for the transfer, or possibly just because it's over 50,000 baht.

Thanks for the info. Yes, its for long stay. As I've said....not in any rush. As long as I get it by September no worries.

2 hours ago, Denim said:
2 hours ago, treetops said:

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Thanks for the info. Yes, its for long stay. As I've said....not in any rush. As long as I get it by September no worries.

There's a lot of evidence mounting that the 'long stay' option does indeed slow a transfer down. As mentioned in my earlier posts, I stopped using it about 6 months ago and my transfers have been instantaneous ever since. There's some information on this Wise blog about transfer speeds that may be of interest to you.

https://wise.com/gb/blog/mission-update-q1-2022-speed

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

There's a lot of evidence mounting that the 'long stay' option does indeed slow a transfer down.

It's not evidence, it's fact, along with "buying a property" been mentioned many times, will settle 2pm-ish

Edited by scubascuba3

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

There's a lot of evidence mounting that the 'long stay' option does indeed slow a transfer down.

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's not evidence, it's fact, along with "buying a property" been mentioned many times, will settle 2pm-ish

I tend not to use the word 'fact', as, in the past, I've had several members pounce on my posts calling for proof, which I cannot provide beyond anecdotal evidence.

But actually I agree with you.

4 hours ago, treetops said:

Over 50,000 baht which has cropped up a couple of times recently as potentially prompting a slower transfer irrespective of reason chosen.

Yes correct. Under 50,000 baht and the transfer takes just seconds, any more than that and it is 3 days. So if I want to do 150,000 say I split it into three.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 11:40 AM, scubascuba3 said:

It's old news and boring. I may start new threads every few days saying my Click went 50kmph today

What is boring is your (and others) repetitive nonsense over reasons for transfer affecting delivery times despite being told by industry professionals that it makes not the slightest difference and is purely down to audit control

If you buy a new Click do you go to a garage or a doctor ??

Further words superfluous....

39 minutes ago, Chivas said:

What is boring is your (and others) repetitive nonsense over reasons for transfer affecting delivery times despite being told by industry professionals that it makes not the slightest difference and is purely down to audit control

You still don't get it after all this time, unbelievable really