Is IT Laksi square immigration open tomorrow?

Just wanted to ask incase someone knew it was closed tomorrow, will have a go at another immigration covid extension, I heard in another thread some cases of people getting denied so I am going with the expectation I will be denied but thought I'd give it a shot, have plane tickets ready and was due for a trip back home anyways.

Will update this thread with how it goes.

So they’re definitely getting more strict, they asked me to go back in a week or two and bring a plane ticket 

I went 28 days before my visa expires, I’ll book a plane ticket tonight and go back in a week or two 

2 minutes ago, dj230 said:

I went 28 days before my visa expires, I’ll book a plane ticket tonight and go back in a week or two 

Not surprised about being asked to return.

Couple of weeks early is common practice.

Don't know why they asked for plane ticket. 

You can leave via land.

In any event having a "leave Thailand" ticket is not part of any requirement for a covid extension.

Just another immigration office making up their own rules..

Did you happen to mention flight to them  first. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not surprised about being asked to return.

Couple of weeks early is common practice.

Don't know why they asked for plane ticket. 

You can leave via land.

In any event having a "leave Thailand" ticket is not part of any requirement for a covid extension.

Just another immigration office making up their own rules..

Did you happen to mention flight to them  first. 

I thought it was 30 days before but I’ll go in a week and see if they’ll do the extension. 

I didn’t mention anything, I just put the paper down + passport + money and he looked through the documents. 

It was right after he saw I had a bunch of covid extensions that he said to come back a few weeks before and he wants to see plane ticket, I just said ok thank you and left. 

He was the nicer Immigration officers from what I’ve gathered the past few times. He did my last extension no questions asked last time, but I guess I’m staying a bit too long. Not a big deal though, I was actually planning to leave next month if I didn’t get an extension as I have some things I have to do back home (medical checkup/banking/seeing family) . If they give me one more extension in 1-2 weeks I’ll most likely actually go back in September anyways, I don’t want to fly back to Canada in the winter. 

I got lucky and found a cheap ticket just now so I booked it, same route I took to get here. 

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dj230 said:

It was right after he saw I had a bunch of covid extensions that he said to come back a few weeks before and he wants to see plane ticket, I just said ok thank you and left. 

"Wants to see" makes it sound like it's discretionary, as opposed to "must have".  But maybe he was being nice, whereas the ladies inside at the desks, they tend to be more hard-nosed.

11 minutes ago, dj230 said:

I thought it was 30 days before but I’ll go in a week and see if they’ll do the extension. 

It's up to 30 days and some offices 45 days for annual extensions such as retirement etc.

For extensions such as 30 day extension to tourist visa and covid extensions some offices prefer than done up to couple of weeks early. 

So you will get your covid extension in couple of weeks.

As you want to return to Canada no problem.

If not you could have just purchased a rent onwardflight. 

BTW can you detail flight route and cost. Wouldn't mind a trip back to Canada. 

Obviously Thai would need a visa so that might rule it out. 

Edited by DrJack54

20 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

"Wants to see" makes it sound like it's discretionary, as opposed to "must have".  But maybe he was being nice, whereas the ladies inside at the desks, they tend to be more hard-nosed.

It's definitely not a requirement for everyone, I am assuming it's because I stayed here so long.

Yea he's a really nice immigrations officer, I was actually hoping to get him. 

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's up to 30 days and some offices 45 days for annual extensions such as retirement etc.

For extensions such as 30 day extension to tourist visa and covid extensions some offices prefer than done up to couple of weeks early. 

So you will get your covid extension in couple of weeks.

As you want to return to Canada no problem.

If not you could have just purchased a rent onwardflight. 

BTW can you detail flight route and cost. Wouldn't mind a trip back to Canada. 

I went a bit early because I was worried if they just flat out said no you stayed too long I could try and get a ticket for July, I know the closer you get to the date of flight the higher the price of the tickets are and I remember looking in May at July tickets running at like $4000 when the normal price was $600 in March.

I was also worried if I went like 1 week before, they would do the whole "deny + 7 days to leave country" stamp which I read would mean you have no options in terms of getting an agent to help.

Its BKK to NRT to YYZ (Air Japan + Air Canada), was 78k Aeroplan points and $80 or something. 

I took the same path to get to Bangkok (in reverse), there was a few other cheap tickets that connected through UK/Europe but I didn't take those routes before so I figured I'd just take the same route. 

After checking, I realized ticket prices are a lot higher now, even tickets out to November are $1500+ for the same route (I remember looking in May at a September ticket, same route, and it still being around $600)

Debating if I should book a return flight to BKK now, but not too sure about the visa on the way back, I should have booked in May, they had unlimited free flight changes on any tickets purchased before then.

Edited by dj230
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dj230 said:

He did my last extension no questions asked last time, but I guess I’m staying a bit too long.

How long have you been in Thailand? I came in December 2021 on a tourist visa, did the tourist visa extension, and then two Covid extensions, and am now wondering if that feels like "a bit too long."

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went again today, super smooth, barely anyone there, was in and out in 30 minutes or less, I think this was the quickest covid extension I ever had. 

no questions asked

Edited by dj230
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

I went again today, super smooth, barely anyone there, was in and out in 30 minutes or less, I think this was the quickest covid extension I ever had. 

no questions asked

That's great news!  Did you need to give them your flight booking?  Or it was not asked for?

17 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

That's great news!  Did you need to give them your flight booking?  Or it was not asked for?

I just handed it to them with the other papers but was a different IO and they just glanced at it but didn't mention anything about it or ask any questions 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Did you see the mean lady today or was she out of office? ????

You know what was extremely odd was, the regular IO's weren't working today, I remember the person who accepted my application today and he wasn't an IO before, he used to check the papers before you went in the room at Muang thong thani, maybe I got lucky, no one in uniforms, very odd. He was always super nice too.

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

Just went today. As @dj230reported, it was an easy no questions asked process. I even got the notorious dragon lady, and all she said was next extension is 7 days ( I assume because their office is not notified yet if the covid program continues after July 25th).  cc: @vermin on arrival

In at 815, out by 900.  Back on 26Jul for the extension stamp.

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

Just went today. As @dj230reported, it was an easy no questions asked process. I even got the notorious dragon lady, and all she said was next extension is 7 days ( I assume because their office is not notified yet if the covid program continues after July 25th).  cc: @vermin on arrival

In at 815, out by 900.  Back on 26Jul for the extension stamp.

Could be the issue with flights so they're just doing them no questions asked anymore, I mean you can't really get a flight out of thailand if you wanted to right now, they're fully booked and the few that are available have 10x price tags.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, chubby said:

where exactly is this IT Laksi Square Immigration, I see the square on the red line , is there a web site that lists hours or ?

If you Google:

"Laksi IT square immigration" 

All information links come up including link for appointments, direction, map, office hours etc etc