Can You Recommend a Cambodian Passport Fixing Magician?

Hoping to find an agency or attorney, or whomever who can help a Cambodian get a passport in their own name.  They were brought here as a minor but put under another person's name to make them eligible to work in Thailand by the family.

This of course creates many problems for an adult now, including insurance, flights, etc.

Of course, they are not going to throw the family under the bus either.

Any suggestions are welcome so that they can be completely compliant and move forward in life here in thailand.

Thank you

That's going to be difficult. Is there a Cambodian birth certificate? Getting a Cambodian passport whilst in Thailand will be impossible using proper channels. My GF is Cambodian and her embassy in Bangkok refused to issue a replacement for her full up passport (despite 2 visits). A few months ago she returned to Cambodia to visit family, renew her passport there and get a new Non-O visa to return to Thailand. 

Suspect going back to Cambodia is best option in OP's case. 

16 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

That's going to be difficult. Is there a Cambodian birth certificate? Getting a Cambodian passport whilst in Thailand will be impossible using proper channels. My GF is Cambodian and her embassy in Bangkok refused to issue a replacement for her full up passport (despite 2 visits). A few months ago she returned to Cambodia to visit family, renew her passport there and get a new Non-O visa to return to Thailand. 

Suspect going back to Cambodia is best option in OP's case. 

Going to Cambodia would be fine. 

But the issue is  more about them being under a different person's name than their own.  (you can't blame a 13 year old for what family makes them do).

I'm at a total loss on where to start searching for solutions for a fix (that doesn't involve getting the family in hot water).

This being Cambodia, I'm sure there is an agent somewhere with connections that could clean it up and put everything in it's proper place as it should be.

• 2 weeks later...

go back to cambo, even over a green border.

Must have some relatives remaining there which would help to speed up process.

But even neighbours, village headman can testify. 

As the last resort DNA testing with parents, siblings, closest relatives..

Probably anything in cambo is possible for the right price. But also carries risk, so not worth.

What if passport is fake and some smarter IO spots it on any border in the world?

Probably by now all new issued passes do have biometric chip, that can't be faked.