Thai AirAsia X Will Refund Bookings Made During Pandemic

webfact

image.jpeg

by Krajangwit Johjit

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thai AirAsia X has affirmed it will refund all paid bookings made in the previous two years, despite filing for bankruptcy.

Thai AirAsia X director Tassapon Bijleveld has affirmed that the 6,500 bookings made prior to the bankruptcy process, as well as new bookings made after May 17, will not be affected by court procedures. These bookings will be eligible for a cash or credit refund.

The airline carrier has accumulated around 25 billion baht in debt and has filed for bankruptcy, which was accepted on May 17. If the airline’s creditors do not object to this petition, the carrier will proceed with its rehabilitation plan, which it hopes to finish by the third quarter of 2023.

During the bankruptcy process, the airline continues to cut operational costs such as by relocating its hub to Suvarnabhumi airport, which reduced space usage and cut costs by half. The airline previously operated 15 jets prior to the pandemic but reduced its fleet to five aircraft this year.

Tassapon confirmed that the airline’s international flights will continue as usual. The airline intends to resume all South Korean and Japanese destinations, with the goal of serving 300,000 passengers in 2022. Flights to South Korea have restarted last month, while its route to Japan is scheduled to begin in July.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-06-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

A total of 4 AA flights cancelled in May 2020. For wife & I. Perth-KL-BKK. Would be jolly nice to be refunded for these cancelled flights but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The airline carrier has accumulated around 25 billion baht in debt and has filed for bankruptcy, which was accepted on May 17. If the airline’s creditors do not object to this petition, the carrier will proceed with its rehabilitation plan, which it hopes to finish by the third quarter of 2023.

Pretty sure as a creditor I might object to any plan to not pay me but pay out for tickets not honoured first. 

• Like 1

Well done, Thai AirAsia X.    They are filing for bankruptcy but can refund their customers.    I have been waiting for 26 months for a refund from a so called, 'national-flag' airline, namely KLM, with NO success.   They don't answer emails, even to the CEO.   It would appear that they have NO customer service dept. and are an absolute disgrace.   They should have their passenger operating licence withdrawn.

KLM = the worst airline in the world.

• Like 1

QANTAS were keeping their telephoning customers on 'hold' for 4 hours+  and then disconnecting in recent months. Dunno whether things have improved or not.

You don't hear much about it now...  although Alan Joyce (CEO) has announced that he's giving all the staff that he didn't sack (during the peak of the Covid lockdowns) a $5,000 bonus each for the 'inconvenience'. 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:38 AM, Greenhill said:

Well done, Thai AirAsia X.    They are filing for bankruptcy but can refund their customers.    I have been waiting for 26 months for a refund from a so called, 'national-flag' airline, namely KLM, with NO success.   They don't answer emails, even to the CEO.   It would appear that they have NO customer service dept. and are an absolute disgrace.   They should have their passenger operating licence withdrawn.

KLM = the worst airline in the world.

would    I A T  A be able to help you out????

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 12:08 PM, blackshadow said:

would    I A T  A be able to help you out????

Thanks for the positive suggestion.   However, I've been piling on the verbal pressure with KLM and they just notified me on Wednesday that they are refunding my money by bank transfer on Friday (1st July).   Nothing received yet but will give them 3 working days before I follow-up again.    At the moment, it feels a bit like - 'the check's in the mail'!!!   We'll see.