Pattaya is possibly set to lift mask mandate in outdoor/open spaces within the next week, Pattaya mayor says

webfact

44427-696x483.jpg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — Pattaya mayor Poramese Ngampiches updated on the easing of the mask mandate in outdoor/open spaces, saying almost everyone would be able to freely take off their mask possibly on July 1st, pending final Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration approval and Royal Gazette publishing.

However, the change did not apply to the 608 Group, which comprises people over 60 years old, people with chronic diseases, pregnant women, and those with a weight of over 90 kg as prohibited by the Thai Center for Covid-19 (CCSA), according to the mayor.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/23/pattaya-is-possibly-set-to-lift-mask-mandate-in-outdoor-open-spaces-within-the-next-week-pattaya-mayor-says/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Will feel weird going out without a mask 555

Speaking from experience on my UK trip in March (where hardly anybody wore a mask anywhere), it really does feel weird not wearing a mask when you're walking down the street.

Will still keep a couple in my pocket though, just in case.

• Like 1

Most outside seem to no have them on or on their chin.  They should allow no masks outside.

But, keep one with you for inside 7-11 staff seem the most concerned place they will openly yell at you for not wearing one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Will feel weird going out without a mask 555

Yes...after seeing the amount of excrement that collects on the outside of one that didn't get into my lungs from pollution... unless it's mandated you have to stop wearing them I will continue to use one

2 hours ago, wombat said:

Effective immediately...just checking that doesn't mean 1st July?

You know..flip flop and all that 

They didn't make it clear either way, I'll guess it's effective immediately, great to not wear one but it will be a few days until everyone realises

Well I will still wear my face mask after July 1st outside as have bought quite a few waste not want not 

Will gauge the reaction  where I stay and see how many people stop wearing them concerned more with the  Thai peoples response ???? 

Mask wearing is probably the reason why Thailand has avoided the worst of the pandemic (as well as avoiding hand shaking). Big mistake to relax the requirement. 

Had 3 UK visitors this mth and had to ask them to put masks on especially as Omicron is on the increase in the UK where masks are the exception rather than the rule.

Thais are more sensible than Brits and happy to wear masks!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Mask wearing is probably the reason why Thailand has avoided the worst of the pandemic (as well as avoiding hand shaking). Big mistake to relax the requirement. 

Had 3 UK visitors this mth and had to ask them to put masks on especially as Omicron is on the increase in the UK where masks are the exception rather than the rule.

Thais are more sensible than Brits and happy to wear masks!

It's good they are dropping wearing masks, truly a waste of time, those concerned like yourself just wear a good quality mask

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya, the threads about Pattaya

ah stupid me. My pal lives there and when he rang whilst he was in Central downstairs in the food area he was saying even yesterday then it was only 50  % wearing masks.  He anticipates now it will be more like 90% by the time the weekend is over. Mind you all the vendors I should think will maintain mask wearing if not just for good hygiene measures as they always have done for hair coverings

11 hours ago, Excel said:

ah stupid me. My pal lives there and when he rang whilst he was in Central downstairs in the food area he was saying even yesterday then it was only 50  % wearing masks.  He anticipates now it will be more like 90% by the time the weekend is over. Mind you all the vendors I should think will maintain mask wearing if not just for good hygiene measures as they always have done for hair coverings

I suspect when we get the Bangkok folks here for the weekend we will see more masks around. They surely have that habit in that crowded environment and the public transport there.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 4:27 AM, Swiss1960 said:

So they will officialize what is already happening in the city: The majority of tourists (99% of the tourists from India and 50% of the tourists from other countries) are not wearing a mask already now. 

Yesterday, the Starbucks on beach road outside Central festival did deny entry to at least 15 tourists from India in the span of 5 minutes (while I was waiting for my coffee), none of them either willing to wearing or even having a mask.

And oh... I am waiting to see the Pattaya police with weight scales on beach road to check the wait (and age) of every single person without mask...

They were looking for straws?

On 6/24/2022 at 6:18 AM, wombat said:

Yes...after seeing the amount of excrement that collects on the outside of one that didn't get into my lungs from pollution... unless it's mandated you have to stop wearing them I will continue to use one

Hopefully a poor choice of words......?

excrement

ĕk′skrə-mənt

noun

waste matter discharged from the body; feces.