Backlash! 300 Jomtien traders furious at being turfed off the sands - but authority is adamant "Clear Off!"

webfact

they stagger around with a silver grated tray of cold prawns that look like c_rap and have been there longer than it takes to down 6 bottles of leo then they want 300 baht for 5 of them.

Absolute garbage in my book .... 

Edited by steven100
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Every where would be better without stray dogs but how do you ban them from the beach?

Probably similarly to the vendors......drugged blow darts I once saw being used,

I tried getting through that stretch of road when the vendors were in full swing. Traffic was reduced to a single lane and you know how the locals LOVE to play fair when driving. I also passed the same area yesterday morning and saw their stalls and vans at full ready to go again. This will not end well.

19 hours ago, JayBird said:

Keep them off the sand, but allow them to set up stands on the road.  That way the beach is clear, but food is accessible.

On 6/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, webfact said:

But municipality reps countered that they had received complaints about trash and traffic and crime related to battles over pitches

IMO the biggest problem with beach vendors they always take all shaded areas, and all nearby parking places. Same as beach restaurants, Not sure if its still enforced but on Koh Chang white sands, they are limited to a few tables on the beach until after sunset, then as many as you can. 

22 hours ago, JayBird said:

Keep them off the sand, but allow them to set up stands on the road.  That way the beach is clear, but food is accessible.

How dare you try to bring commonsense into a subject like this? Don't you know who my Daddy is?

I would be OK, if you would restrict them to the big pavements between Jomtien Beach Road and the beach itself.

Those walking vendors trying to sell you anything and everything ever one to two minutes are a godforsaken nuisance which kept me off the beach for years. If they operate their business from the pavement in such a way that you still can walk along beach road and access the beach - fine with me. 

The other, much more mind-boggling news is the fact, that some seriously corrupt executives of the city spent 600 million on beautifying the Jomtien sands. Is it just me or do I have to ring the Marx brothers now?