July 8, 20224 yr I was getting 14.5km/L on 95 for a year and a half, seeing my car can run E85 and a poster on here was quoting 11km/L I decided to give it a go. Saw no “ increase in performance “ on E85 as quoted here and couldn’t achieve 11km/L My conclusions. E85 is 85% the cost of 95 but gives only 75% of the fuel efficiency ! Back to 95 for me .
July 8, 20224 yr 12 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said: I was getting 14.5km/L on 95 for a year and a half, seeing my car can run E85 and a poster on here was quoting 11km/L I decided to give it a go. Saw no “ increase in performance “ on E85 as quoted here and couldn’t achieve 11km/L My conclusions. E85 is 85% the cost of 95 but gives only 75% of the fuel efficiency ! Back to 95 for me . Yea, unless designed to run on E85, no benefit might be realized. In a short period of time, I think all grades E85 & 91/95 will be the same. Noticed they dropped 91 & 95 by 3 baht, but only dropped E85 by 1,8 baht. Continue that, and they'll be priced the same shortly. Scamming, price gouging F's ... come on EV, can't get here quick enough. Good thing they froze diesel at 30 ... Edited July 8, 20224 yr by KhunLA
July 8, 20224 yr 1 hour ago, KhunLA said: Yea, unless designed to run on E85, no benefit might be realized. In a short period of time, I think all grades E85 & 91/95 will be the same. Noticed they dropped 91 & 95 by 3 baht, but only dropped E85 by 1,8 baht. Continue that, and they'll be priced the same shortly. Scamming, price gouging F's ... come on EV, can't get here quick enough. Good thing they froze diesel at 30 ... Yup, E85 didn’t give great results for me and with the 3,00 baht drop of 95 I resorted back to old faithful. On other news , I spotted my first MG ZS EV 2022 today, looks good !! Edited July 8, 20224 yr by Andrew Dwyer
July 8, 20224 yr Author UPDATE: I changed the PTT station to Esso. Believe or not i observed great differences. No more extra fuel consuming. Better engine performance. No more PTT from now on!
July 8, 20224 yr 11 minutes ago, problemfarang said: UPDATE: I changed the PTT station to Esso. Believe or not i observed great differences. No more extra fuel consuming. Better engine performance. No more PTT from now on! Great to hear from a scientist. ????
July 8, 20224 yr The price advantage of using E85 is dwindling fast. 24 Jan 2022 ... 25 % cheaper than 91 Now only 13.5 % And diesel 14+ % more expensive, since froze at 30 ???? Do they really think everyone is that blind
Create an account or sign in to comment