No masks, cannabis legal, bars open, is Thailand back to normal?

webfact

I am happy to see a bit of a return to the normal tourist experience. I would be happy if there was no visa requirement for travelers

who were visiting Thailand for 90 days or less. If the 45 days for visa free travel still exit this Winter, that will be the 

time that I will be in Thailand. I will have to wait to see just how much the Thailand Immigration and government

really want tourists to return to Thailand this Winter season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I arrived in Bangkok last Wednesday returning from an overseas trip and was required to complete an arrival card distributed by the airline.

I questioned the requirement for it to be completed and was advised by the airline employee and the Immigration officer that the suspension only applies to Thai citizens.

I also filled the TM6 (arrival card) about a week ago. I was actually happy to have it. The announced suspension was supposed to be "temporary", who knows how they will deal with it by the time I need to visit Immigration again.

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

You don't need a PCR test, an ATK within 72 hours is enough (from the official Thai Pass site)

Screenshot_20220625-112223_Samsung Internet.jpg

Point being you can enter Thailand unvaccinated which was what i was explaining to old mate who cant read.

As quoted it could be a PCR test right? And it also says a "professional" ATK test which im assuming means from some sort of medical facility perhaps? Or supervised and witnessed as legit. Not a 5 buck bodgy rat test from your local pharmacy that youve done yourself, and then you rock up and go yeah im sweet, lol.

And as this is Thailand who knows what "professional" means. 

Edited by starky

4 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I arrived in Bangkok last Wednesday returning from an overseas trip and was required to complete an arrival card distributed by the airline.

I questioned the requirement for it to be completed and was advised by the airline employee and the Immigration officer that the suspension only applies to Thai citizens.

"Also, the Thai Government will temporarily suspend the TM6 immigration card for arriving passengers to help ease congestion, screening, and processing times at international airports. 

The proposal will be implemented within 7-10 days"

Taken from the OP

9 hours ago, smedly said:

there is a lot of confusion about opening hours, many places have no idea that they can stay open after 12.......................................what is normal ?

the police have rinced so many bar owners these last few months................when does it end ?

when does the corrupt end ?

Never.....this is Thailand.

5 hours ago, WinterGael said:

From the Washington Post, BBC, and other Western news, the overall feeling is that the legalisation of cannabis in Thailand is for medicinal purposes, and re recreational use may still get you in trouble with the law, especially smoking.  There is a gray area around consumables.  There is also the suggestion that legalisationY not include foreigners.  So beware...

Stores all over get over yourself , the doomsday crowd and Pattaya died too Geezus 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nothing will ever be normal again. Not here. Tourism will never be the same. Gangsters are running the nation, dressed up as officers, pretending to care. 

But, I went for a nice motorbike ride yesterday, and felt very grateful to be here. Compared to my broken down nation of America, Thailand's problems are manageable, and life is quite good for most of us. 

Gangsters run just about every nation. Some are just more sophisticated than others in their gangsterism. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WinterGael said:

From the Washington Post, BBC, and other Western news, the overall feeling is that the legalisation of cannabis in Thailand is for medicinal purposes, and re recreational use may still get you in trouble with the law, especially smoking.  There is a gray area around consumables.  There is also the suggestion that legalisationY not include foreigners.  So beware...

Here's a different take on this from a journo in country.

6 hours ago, StevieAus said:

The announcement was made by the PM on the 14th June and it was said at the time that it would be about a week before the formal announcement is drafted. You obviously arrived before that happened.

7 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Why do you assume if people have sex, booze and partying they are acting like a "disgraceful farang"

Because Thai friends not like partying and drinking farangs having sex with Thai women... to quote them, "Not good."  I know it may seem a little cynical, knowing some of my Thai friends, but they are Thai and we are not, and as many on ASEAN Today have commented on, Westerners aren't really wanted here.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Amen.

Not brainwashed.  Go back to other countries.  Face mandates dropped but their continued use still VERY MUCH recommended by medical establishment.  So even back home, many still are wearing them.  Last months the majority of Thais polled did not want the government to drop the mandates.  But they did because they want to appease Western tourists, not their own people.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

Yeah... only for tourists, not for general public.

So my Thai wife could go into Macro and buy me some beer in between 2 - 5 pm?

Edited by sambum
Spelling
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

But obviously not a DIY ATK. I imagine they will be looking for some official paperwork with the ATK.

As per my post, Thai Pass site says professional ATK, much cheaper than a PCR test