Thai PM feels satisfied, knowing most Thais still voluntarily want to wear masks, government spokesperson says

webfact

I think this announcement has caused a lot of confusion. I see quite a few people without their masks on when going into shopping mall.

Why declare when you can only be maskless at  limited places?

Edited by EricTh

3 hours ago, James105 said:

Do whatever you want, but I'd suggest not looking at it under a microscope after wearing as it will probably give you nightmares if you are wearing it for "health" reasons.   

Cotton and Surgical Face Masks in Community Settings: Bacterial Contamination and Face Mask Hygiene:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34540873/

Yes... that's why "disposable" masks are meant to be disposable single use... and why the public health advice since the beginning has been to put on and take off the mask by the straps, without touching the exterior surface of the mask.

45 minutes ago, stoner said:

in the last 3 years i have put in 100km on the thai roads on my bikes. mask every time for pollution.... is a must.

it is a real threat. 

All those face nappie protesters might want to think a bit more laterally.

I exercise every day on my bike... a mask is necessary.

In a comparative light......[not that we need to pursue such endeavours]

Today, as we speak, it appears most of the world's authoritarians have lifted or eased the proverbial face coverings protocol in one variable or another - there will be an exception or two. 

Yet, we still witness the voluntary wearing of masks by a goodly percentage of folks the world over - doesn't matter the locale.