Kind hearted "win" latest motorcyclist to be injured by Thailand's infamous hanging wires

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: INN

A kind hearted motorcycle taxi guy in northern Bangkok has gone to the Sai Mai police wanting action for negligence against a cable company. 

Fifty eight year old Samrong Manothai - better known as Lung Dam - was out feeding dozens of stray dogs in the area of Soi Permsin 66.

He didn't see the hanging wires and was thrown from his bike suffering a neck injury and damage to his vehicle. 

He has been feeding the strays for 20 years, reported INN, who said this was the latest in a long series of such accidents reported in Thailand in recent weeks. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Whoops there goes another one , while riding you need

to look forward , behind you with the mirrors ,and both

sides, and now you need to be looking ABOVE .....

regards Worgeordie

Exactly the article said he was out feeding stray dogs and didn't see the wires. Perhaps next time he will get off his bike, then feed the dogs.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Excel said:

Exactly the article said he was out feeding stray dogs and didn't see the wires. Perhaps next time he will get off his bike, then feed the dogs.

Yes, My thoughts. 

Incompetence......... like the 73yo who had an accident recently, dangling wires. 

Nothing to do with his age, I have lots of friends in their 70's who ride better than most younger people but some people shouldn't be riding motorbikes on the road. 

No accountability..........always looking to blame others. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RobU said:

It was me that reported Safety First on the other thread for trolling. Admin agreed with me and took down his posts. I have reported him again since he is still behaving the same way creating argument and making inflammatory comments and going off topic with personal insult rather than discussing the topic in a rational manner

My replies were professional, I was not trolling, never have.

Its guys like you, the complaining type that get the attention, I reckon admin guys get fed up with you guys reporting members comments, reports about trolls. It's easier for them to remove comments than put up with your complaining. 

Why would I get into another discussion with you or richard_smith237, you both called me a troll? I can see the same outcome, I answer all your concerns professionally, I waste hours replying, then I get reported for being a troll and get all my comments removed. 

Then, I have to report a request to admin to have all the nasty comments you guys replied to be removed, it's just wasting everyone's time. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

My replies were professional, I was not trolling, never have.

Its guys like you, the complaining type that get the attention, I reckon admin guys get fed up with you guys reporting members comments, reports about trolls. It's easier for them to remove comments than put up with your complaining. 

Why would I get into another discussion with you or richard_smith237, you both called me a troll? I can see the same outcome, I answer all your concerns professionally, I waste hours replying, then I get reported for being a troll and get all my comments removed. 

Then, I have to report a request to admin to have all the nasty comments you guys replied to be removed, it's just wasting everyone's time. 

Can you answer, professionally or otherwise, it doesn’t really matter....  Why you think its the fault of the motorcyclist if he gets garrotted by a wire dangling over the road ?????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Can you answer, professionally or otherwise, it doesn’t really matter....  Why you think its the fault of the motorcyclist if he gets garrotted by a wire dangling over the road ?????

No, please leave me alone. 

I see you had my previous comment removed, I've attached. 

You are antagonizing me, stop it 

IMG_20220627_170350.jpg

4 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

No, please leave me alone. 

I see you had my previous comment removed, I've attached. 

You are antagonizing me, stop it 

IMG_20220627_170350.jpg

I've had none of your comments removed.

Like many other posters..... I am wholly intrigued as to how you could blame a motorcyclist for getting garrotted by hanging wires....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've had none of your comments removed.

Like many other posters..... I am wholly intrigued as to how you could blame a motorcyclist for getting garrotted by hanging wires....

I've asked you nicely 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

But sadly their comments then get deleted...... 

I personally believe it's important to know the extent of the stupidity of some around us. 

Until reading this forum I never knew that some people could be so outrageously dumb, its a learning curve, we should all be aware such utter fools exist so that IF we encounter them in real life we are not so shocked !!.... 

That some people believe such incidents are the fault of the motorcyclist themselves is an example of such dumbflookery....   perhaps those in positions responsible for the hanging wires also think the same. 

Its good that we know that and are reminded to take additional precautions when out on the roads and also when near other foreigners.... who knows, you could be stood next to an utterly irrational mind numbingly dumb tool....  careful out there, idiots can be dangerous !

I see your point the idiocy of such people left for all to see. You can hold your own but some people get sucked into his warped and wierd world as he shuts them down and don't contruibute any more. If reported enough times by many people his account is suspended. I note he has edited his inflamatory comments since I posted that I had reported him again to look more innocent. What he doesnt realise is that Admin have sight of the original plus all edits

Edited by RobU

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've asked you nicely 

I note that you have edited your first inflammatory comment to try to make it look innocent and subsequently make yourself look like the injured party. As a data systems designer and former forensic information manager I can tell you That Admin have sight of your original post and all edits they remain on the database as historical information. The reason they keep all this information is for legal purposes so that they can defend themselves. It is very cheap to store since billions of words take up no more than 1 Gigabyte of storage space on an SQL data system

18 minutes ago, RobU said:

I note that you have edited your first inflammatory comment to try to make it look innocent and subsequently make yourself look like the injured party. As a data systems designer and former forensic information manager I can tell you That Admin have sight of your original post and all edits they remain on the database as historical information. The reason they keep all this information is for legal purposes so that they can defend themselves. It is very cheap to store since billions of words take up no more than 1 Gigabyte of storage space on an SQL data system

Here we go again with the mind games. 

You bully boys did the same Saturday and then you reported ME, you know how to work the system. 

You're a very strange person. 

Please explain, what have I edited? 

Are you delusional?

If you guys keep this nonsense up the Mods will remove all comments, claiming bickering. 

So, please, enough, no more harassing. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Here we go again with the mind games. 

You're a very strange person. 

Please explain, what have I edited? 

Are you delusional?

Put him in ignore, as all his claims are baseless. It's a forum after all and you always get people who perhaps are disillusioned with life, failed perhaps to achieve their own goals and then pretend to be something or someone they are not on an anonymous forum where, as you know, every laughs at such people.

Edited by Excel
  • Thanks 1

But why is getting garroted by wires hanging over a road the motorcyclists own fault?

it’s a simple question….  

At first I thought someone who’s handle is SAFTEY FIRST was being sarcastic or ironic… but it seems he really believes that…. 

It’s actually interesting to learn how someone can think so differently… 

… but, he refuses to explain which makes me suspect he’s trolling, But I don’t think he is, he just really believes it’s the motorcyclists fault for failing to see hanging wires… 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Excel said:

Put him in ignore, as all his claims are baseless. It's a forum after all and you always get people who perhaps are disillusioned with life, failed perhaps to achieve their own goals and then pretend to be something or someone they are not on an anonymous forum where, as you know, every laughs at such people.

Not your role to say 'everybody....

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

But why is getting garroted by wires hanging over a road the motorcyclists own fault?

it’s a simple question….  

At first I thought someone who’s handle is SAFTEY FIRST was being sarcastic or ironic… but it seems he really believes that…. 

It’s actually interesting to learn how someone can think so differently… 

… but, he refuses to explain which makes me suspect he’s trolling, But I don’t think he is, he just really believes it’s the motorcyclists fault for failing to see hanging wires… 

That's what trump would probably say, to blame everybody but the appropriate perosns/agency.

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Not really the point.

So another one who thinks being on a bike whislt feeding dogs and hence not paying attention and getting caught up in wires and getting injured is not the fault of the irresponsible rider. Oh well we all have our point of view ????

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Whoops there goes another one , while riding you need

to look forward , behind you with the mirrors ,and both

sides, and now you need to be looking ABOVE .....

regards Worgeordie

what mirrors ??????????

they are an OPTIONAL extra !!!!!