Ocasio-Cortez: SCOTUS justices should face consequences for misleading Roe testimony including possible impeachment

onthedarkside

Screenshot_3.jpg.db0e6eaaa8c1ba1a79827d14500e6c1d.jpg

June 26 (UPI) -- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Sunday said that members of the Supreme Court who misled Congress about their intentions to overturn Roe vs. Wade should face consequences including possible impeachment.

Appearing on NBC News' Meet the Press, Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., cited comments from Sens. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., and Susan Collins, R-Maine, that "several Supreme Court Justices misled them" about their stance on Roe vs. Wade during their confirmation hearings and the lead-up to their confirmation.

"What makes it particularly dangerous is that it sends a blaring signal to all future nominees that they can now lie to duly elected members of the United States Senate in order to secure Supreme Court confirmations and seats on the Supreme Court," she continued.

(more)

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022/06/26/Ocasio-Cortez-SCOUTS-justices-consequences-misleading-Roe-testimony/6071656260529/

411737243_UPILogo.jpg.764ac745cc89f057fba164b0b310cddd.jpg

AOC recalls thanking God she had the choice to get an abortion when she took a pregnancy test after being raped

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Friday shared a personal sexual-assault story during an abortion-rights rally, saying she felt grateful she had the freedom to obtain an abortion if she needed one in that moment.

"I myself, when I was about 22 or 23 years old, was raped while I was living here in New York City," she told a crowd in New York's City Union Square Park. "I was completely alone. I felt completely alone. In fact, I felt so alone that I had to take a pregnancy test in a public bathroom in midtown Manhattan."

"When I sat there waiting for what the result would be, all I could think was thank God I have, at least, a choice," she continued. "Thank God I could, at least, have the freedom to choose my destiny."

(more)

https://www.businessinsider.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-recalls-thanking-god-abortion-rape-2022-6

Insider.jpg.a35d6223ac1cc2a837645edaaf2290e4.jpg

1 hour ago, onthedarkside said:

members of the Supreme Court who misled Congress about their intentions to overturn Roe vs. Wade should face consequences including possible impeachment.

A snowball's chance in hell for that!  Can't forget Gorsich sailing through his hearings repeating "I will not comment on hypotheticals" all the while with that smirk that made me want to wipe it to the other side of his face.  At least Kavanaugh put on his "errant schoolboy called to the dean's office" innocent routine.

Collins nearly always does her hand-wringing concern routine, but in the end will vote the party line.  When she doesn't it is because the party already has the votes to carry, and her's is inconsequential.  Mitt Romney does the same stunt (he did it for one of the Orange impeachments).  Manchin may carry his state in elections, but can't be counted on for anything, his infamous wash-and-wear excuse is "I'm doing this for the sake of my grandchildren" -- got to love a coward who hides behind kids.

BTW, is it well-known that Mitt's niece is the Republican party chairperson? 

• Like 2