What's that sound? Americans whooping in joy at the exchange rate!

webfact

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Not a secret that central banks in Asia spend billions in their foreign exchange reserves to slow down currency declines. Evident in their sliding reserves including Thailand. 

My post was full of sarcasm  unfortunately.  The BOT plays with exchange rates daily, that much I know.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why have we dropped .27 baht per USD since Friday.  There is no reason unless some type of manipulation is at hand. We'll now it's only a drop of .16 baht per USD, but still what's affecting this and whose playing with exchange rates by purchasing Thb with the USD in the reserves, is it the BOT?

I suggest you look at the USD vs DXY.  Hopefully it will become clear to you that it's not manipulation of USD vs THB..... it's the overall strength of the USD vs everybody else.  Like every other traded commodity there are fluctuations that are due mostly to the "mood" of those trading in it.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Should be noted that this dramatic change in currency rates is deriving from the Thai side, which is clearly being fiercely manipulated - a survival technique that has to be pursued. 

Little [if any] to do with the deluded and speculative ideals of a healthy American economy. 

If truer reflections of a slowly tanking American economy and lesser valued U.S. dollar [worldwide] were to be realized, it might be a different storyline.

Sorry your foreign currency hedge flipped on you...I'd be down on the dollar too if I bet against America.

• Like 1