Bangkok to Step Up Fire Prevention Measures at All Buildings

webfact

Representatives from the BMA, the MEA, the EIT, and several other agencies with even more letters to their titles have pledged to do everything in their power to leave no stone unturned, to investigate, scrutinise, sweep, sift, rake with a fine tooth comb, to find who is ultimately responsible, and to ensure these incidents are brought to a head.

Well.....they may do for about a week or so until some other failure creates a diversion.

As another poster has mentioned, over the years there has been countless incidents of these tragedies, and nothing has been done. This time will be no exception. The officials in charge will just melt into the background, again, and again.........

The Simpsons Homer Simpson GIF - The Simpsons Homer Simpson Good Bye GIFs

Simply regarding fire safety in general, my office building, some 31 floors, has had all but one ground floor doors mechanically blocked and closed for well over a year. One door for ingress and one door for egress. Not sure how a building could ever be cleared in the event of a fire through one door. I'm quite confident this was not only my building doing this. Just saying......

On 6/28/2022 at 1:30 PM, webfact said:

Thanes Weerasiri, president of the Engineering Institute of Thailand (EIT), said after a preliminary inspection of the damaged site that there was no solid evidence indicating that the transformer was responsible for starting the fire. He did not, however, rule out the possibility that the fire was caused by electrical and communication cables close to the transformer.

???? waffle anyone?

• Haha 1