Thai man jailed for 11 years after sexual assault in London massage parlour

webfact

image.jpeg

Mongkon Thopwan (Picture: Met Police)

by Yann Tear

A Thai massage therapist who worked and lived in Kensington has been jailed for 11 years after sexually assaulting two women.  

Mongkhon Thopwan, 54, of North End Road, Kensington, was sentenced on Friday after being convicted on March 21 for five counts of assault by penetration, and one count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without their consent, following a six-day trial. 

The court heard from two independent victims that Thopwan had on two separate occasions, seven months apart, abused his position of trust as a masseur by sexually assaulting them. 

The second victim, using the pseudonym Molly, has since said: “I considered keeping this serious assault a secret and staying silent because I really, really could not bear the thought of ever repeating what happened. 

Full story: https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/masseur-jailed-for-11-years-after-rape-in-kensington-thai-parlour/

-- LONDON NEWS ONLINE 2022-06-30 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You mean Transferred to Remand Prison in BKK, so as to not create an expense on the people of the UK, and thus be fed only by what family can afford....

"...be fed only by what family can afford...."

on top of the three meals a day Klong Prem provides gratis.

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You mean Transferred to Remand Prison in BKK, so as to not create an expense on the people of the UK, and thus be fed only by what family can afford....

i was more thinking the darkest hole they can find in bang kwang

• Like 2

1 hour ago, generealty said:

Sexual assault by penetration ??? Surely that means Rape ?

Not necessarily.  Obviously he used his hands for the massage so could be that.  Doesn't make it any less valid as it was still a very serious offence.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I guess this means rape. While I am not doubting what these women are saying, and I will never condone any unwanted sexual acts or advances, this brings up alot of questions. 

They were in a massage shop. If the guy attempted to rape them, why wouldn't she start screaming? Surely, that would have brought some help and assistance? I get this sort of thing if a woman is alone in an apartment or house with an aggressive man. But, in a public shop? Why not try to gouge his eyes out? Was there physical evidence? Rape tests performed? Video? 

You are quoting the exact reason why German men used to get away with rape until the law was changed a couple of years ago. i.e. if there was no evidence of fighting back then it was consensual. It was used by German pimps to demean and intimidate  women in the sex industry. The threat of violence from a heavier stronger male is often enough for women to stay quiet and not fight back.

A former girlfriend of mine was raped by a taxi driver in Spain she let him have his way because he was big and threatened her with violence because 'she was asking for it and how dare she lead him on and then refuse', ('leading him on' defined as wearing skimpy clothes in hot weather and being friendly, so therefore he stopped the cab at a secluded place) but she managed to get him to at least use a condom because she was a 'good girl' and compliant. He is still behind bars for multiple counts of rape using the same entitlement methodology.

In the period from this woman screaming or fighting back to someone responding a woman can easily be seriously harmed or even killed it only takes a few seconds to break a woman's arm or snap the neck, don't  try to shame the victims. Public Shop? the massage may have been in the back room of the shop and the front door locked so it is unlikely that passers by in the street would have heard. Even if it was in the front room of the shop there would be a barrier to seeing inside for modesty purposes. In the UK shop front glass has to be at least 10 to 15mm thick for safety and security (normal house glass is 4mm) and has good soundproofing properties, so passers by in the street still would not have heard because of the ambient outside noise of traffic etc. These women were alone with little possibility of getting help they made a decision to take the least damaging of options eiter submit to rape or be killed or maimed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, generealty said:

Sexual assault by penetration ??? Surely that means Rape ?

By the ear canal, perhaps? What I can't understand is how this happened on two occasions to each of two victims. Why would they go back for more?

5 hours ago, oslooskar said:

Not true! He will be compelled to eat British cuisine. ????

You know something is a miss with British food when you see this on baked beans,  What a laugh. :giggle:

d.PNG

Edited by Orinoco

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

If the guy attempted to rape them, why wouldn't she start screaming?

Freezing occurs when the amygdala – a crucial structure in the brain’s fear circuitry – detects an attack and signals the brainstem to inhibit movement. It happens in a flash, automatically and beyond conscious control.

It’s a brain response that rapidly shifts the organism into a state of vigilance for incoming attacks and avenues of escape. Eyes widen, pupils dilate. Hearing becomes more acute. The body is primed for fight or flight. But as we shall see, neither fight nor flight necessarily follows.

-------

Maybe he threatened her.  Scream, you die!!  Maybe he showed her a weapon?  Clearly it's not as easy as you say.....Why didn't she just call the police, throw him out the window, get her friends, record everything, knock him out, turn into a ninja?????