Khao San Road: Marijuana seller told to get a permit - officials confirm selling weed is legal

webfact

3 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

I'd agree that most of the time there is no problem but why am I seeing cars on the expressway chugging along at 60kph in the right hand lane with a clear road ahead. Pothead at the wheel no doubt. 

Is that not preferential to them doing 150km/h in the left hand lane? Pisshead at the wheel no doubt

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Dave, what a great name for a dope seller, I would have expected a Somchai. 

How many joints can be rolled from a gram? 

1 decent joint..... or 4 bongs, maybe 6 if you use spin (tobacco) 

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Local district director Wasan Bunmeaunwai said that there was no problem with people openly selling weed on the streets - it was all perfectly legal now but everyone needs to have a permit to sell no matter what it is.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

One that didn't was a marijuana trader who would roll up joints for his customers on the popular tourist street.

Rolling up joints on the street is legal???

Well how things have changed from the intial "medical use only"

14 hours ago, mosan said:

I get the feeling you've never smoked a joint in your life.  The young kids in this country have been smoking weed (and eating it in their food) since Christ was a corporal...  You should dispose of all that propaganda material you've been watching and reading - not good for your sanity.

Agree, Never in 30 yrs of travelling and living in Thailand has weed not been easily available here. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 7:05 AM, webfact said:

He was accompanied by Pol Col Tharadol Hemmaphat from the police station just around the corner who also took no action.

They did take action, they used their permitted discretion to give him a warning, advised him to get the required licence and told him he'd be fined next time if he didn't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They did take action, they used their permitted discretion to give him a warning, advised him to get the required licence and told him he'd be fined next time if he didn't.

Absolutely correct and the action that was taken was very reasonable and the correct action to take.

Good policing in BKK for once.

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2022 at 1:48 PM, BritManToo said:
On 6/30/2022 at 1:12 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

How many joints can be rolled from a gram? 

Looking forward to that joint. 

I've got the jacuzzi bubbling and a female friend to join me. 

images (3).jpeg

IMG_20220703_054044.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2022 at 6:54 PM, mosan said:

I get the feeling you've never smoked a joint in your life.  The young kids in this country have been smoking weed (and eating it in their food) since Christ was a corporal...  You should dispose of all that propaganda material you've been watching and reading - not good for your sanity.

I've been coming to Thailand since 1986, and have lived here since 2003. All I can tell you is that I have smelled marijuana being smoked exactly once in all those years. Also I have taught at the high school level for quite a number of years, and not once did I ever suspect that a kid might be high on weed. If you don't think there's going to be an explosion of experimentation post-legalization amongst Thailand's youth , I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Edited by Gecko123

38 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I've been coming to Thailand since 1986, and have lived here since 2003. All I can tell you is that I have smelled marijuana being smoked exactly once in all those years. Also I have taught at the high school level for quite a number of years, and not once did I ever suspect that a kid might be high on weed. If you don't think there's going to be an explosion of experimentation post-legalization amongst Thailand's youth , I don't think you know what you're talking about.

If you have lived here since 2003, you will have been surrounded by smokers.

The smoke of choice for most Thais (before decriminalization) was brickweed, as it was/is cheap and the easiest and safest strain (?) to get hold of.

I have lived here since 98 and smoked brickweed for almost the entirety of that time.

I agree that I have never smelt marijuana being smoked here but brickweed has hardly any smell and the slight smell that you get is nothing like what regular marijuana smells like, so you would have to have extraordinary olfactory organs to know if someone is smoking it near you.

As I no longer drink, on evenings out I have regularly smoked outside without anyone knowing what I'm smoking.

I have also used a vaporizer in bars, with everyone around me probably thinking that I was vaping tobacco products.

That is also the case with knowing if someone has smoked it by the way that they look/act.

Brickweed has such a low THC content that you don't really get a high from it, more of a chill, a relaxing buzz, but not so much that you are stuck in a chair like a cabbage.

Someone smoking brickweed does not display the usual traits of a marijuana smoker.

I know plenty of Thais who smoke brickweed but even with all of my years of smoking it, I would not be able to determine if they had smoked that day, even just 10 minutes before.