Jump to content

Macaws and where to get


Recommended Posts

Looking at the appendix, Thailand is not listed for Macaws.  If I'm reading it correctly.  TBH, not  exactly sure what the means.  Countries listed could simply be the animals origins.

 

Macaws are neither native to nor migrate through Thailand.  Something to be considered.

https://www.thainationalparks.com/list-of-birds-of-thailand

 

So I assume having one as a pet / companion here may be legal (OR NOT), depending how sourced and from who, which explains why a few of the locals do have.  Gal at Swensens was out with hers, sitting on her head & shoulders, while they enjoyed their ice cream.  Loving bird.

 

Nice to see it not in a cage or tethered.

 

https://checklist.cites.org/#/en/search/output_layout=alphabetical&level_of_listing=0&show_synonyms=1&show_author=1&show_english=1&show_spanish=1&show_french=1&scientific_name=macaw&page=1&per_page=20

Edited by KhunLA
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, blackcab said:

Are you aware that many types of Macaw are listed in Appendix 1 of the CITES regulations and their sale, export and import are highly regulated?
 

Here is a list of the CITES 1 protected Macaws:

 

Blue-headed Macaw

Blue-throated Macaw

Blue-winged Macaw

Buffon’s Macaw

Glaucous Macaw

Great Green Macaw

Hyacinth Macaw

Illiger’s Macaw

Indigo Macaw

Lear’s Macaw

Little Blue Macaw

Military Macaw

Red-fronted Macaw

Scarlet Macaw

Spix’s Macaw

 

Other members - please think carefully before recommending anyone you think might be unlicensed or operating unlawfully. This is not a trivial matter and I caution you to consider your replies carefully.

I want the macaw for my big house in thailand i do not wish to remove it from thailand , i have no interest in selling the bird after i have purchased one , i know you can get macaws in chackuchack market but if there are breeders nearer my house in chumpollburi  that would be fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

OP ....   Macaws are protected and as such you can't just get one.  

Macaws that are bred from egg can be owned and there are breeders all over thailand. Theese birds are hand reared and fly to hand , before sale they have blood tests DNA to determin sex 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Martin howles said:

I want the macaw for my big house in thailand i do not wish to remove it from thailand , i have no interest in selling the bird after i have purchased one , i know you can get macaws in chackuchack market but if there are breeders nearer my house in chumpollburi  that would be fine. 

 

Thank you for confirming that you want to purchase an animal bred in captivity in Thailand and your intent is to keep the animal in Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Martin howles said:

Macaws that are bred from egg can be owned and there are breeders all over thailand. Theese birds are hand reared and fly to hand , before sale they have blood tests DNA to determin sex 

Now, if they are 'house' trainable to do their business outside or in the (open at all times) cage, or perch / sitting area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, blackcab said:

 

Thank you for confirming that you want to purchase an animal bred in captivity in Thailand and your intent is to keep the animal in Thailand.

The cage for this macaw is 4 mtr x 3 meter x 2 mtr tall so you can see ime seriouse about this birds health

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...