Lottery - ever won?

champers

11 minutes ago, Crazy Noobie said:

My neighbor which is from the USA, won the jackpot of 6,000,000 baht last year. He used the money to purchase the house that he lives in. Plus bought a brand new pickup truck.  

Foreigner, from US too, can't buy house in Thailand. 

Are you telling fairy tales? 

4 hours ago, rwill said:

The most my wife has won on the Thai lottery on one draw is 80,000.  Four tickets 20,000 each.

Apr-Jun she won about 40,000 over 3 draws.  Playing numbers from our dog's birthday that had died Apr 1st.  She is 100% convinced our dead dog was influencing the lottery draws for us.  The first draw was her year, second draw her month, and 3rd draw her day but backwards 02 instead of 20.  But she had played 20 on the undergound lottery with both combinations and won over 14,000 on that draw.

Ruff!

13 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

last 2 pays 2k.......first 3 and last 3 pays 4 k minus 2% tax on all winnings....

This was an official ticket purchased from a vendor outside Big C for 200. Not an underground lottery. Maybe it was 2 tickets together I forget. I only remember paying 200 and getting 3900.

As a rule I never buy tickets. This was the only time I have bought them. I only tried this time because that morning I took a dump and my poo formed the most perfect 58 imaginable which I felt compelled to gamble on.

1 hour ago, CH1961 said:

Foreigner, from US too, can't buy house in Thailand. 

Are you telling fairy tales? 

I think you are wrong. Yes a foreigner can buy a house, but can not buy the land it is on. My friend has the land in one one his Thai friends name, but the house he owns. When he dies, the house will go to his Thai friend.

Hmmm…. my Thai wife is convinced that the winning lotto numbers are contained in any new vehicle number plates we get. Had 1 car and 2 motorcyes , over the past years….. still awaiting the inevitable win with bated breath…

My wife is on the phone just now talking to her sister in Bangkok who won 150k yesterday.

This thread doesn't specify only in Thailand, so my story.  In 1976, I was part of a work syndicate of 6 who won first prize in a lottery in Australia.

My share bought most of my first house, and paid for a month long ocean cruise which included a stop-over in Thailand, my first ever visit.   A succession of wives and partners, who always claimed (the bigger) half of the assets, whittled it down over time. Later in life, a period of singularity, good investments, and retirement funds enabled me to re-establish a comfortable base for the rest of my life.

Thailand is consuming much of it, and I may yet meet my target of spending my last dollar on my last day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm…. my Thai wife is convinced that the winning lotto numbers are contained in any new vehicle number plates we get. Had 1 car and 2 motorcyes , over the past years….. still awaiting the inevitable win with bated breath…

Funny story but not really for him. A friend of the family always bought a lottery ticket with the numbers from his car license plate and this went on for months and months.

One time he did not buy the ticket (no idea why, maybe he forgot or he was just fed up) and guess what, that month those numbers won!????

• Haha 1

If you are into gambling like this I do recommend the Government Saving Bank's lottery savings account. You need to save money for a smaller than normal interest rate but you get numbers that are picked randomly every month. I usually win 1,000 baht a month but the top prize is 10 million (had someone in the family win it the first week he tried, dammit). I put a lot of savings in it because they guarantee all your money, unlike commercial banks. I did check this with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few years Thai TV had a Farang on that won 100 k on the government  lottery he said ,in bad Thai Sanook ,or I will enjoy/be happy  ,or more likely his Thai family would have helped him Sanook it .

Last month wife's son-in-law won 60 000 baht ,he went out and brought 2 buffalo heifers ,not a bad idea I thought ,but he still runs an old motorbike that is always braking down .

I have had a few wins over the years ,just on 2 or 3 numbers .,which will probable cover what I have spent on tickets over the years ,if not more .

Henry the 8th was the creator of the first lottery . 

Also known for getting rid of the Vatican control of the UK economy .

Smart fellow 

Bought a few lottery tickets in 8 years in Thailand . Won nothing 

• 2 weeks later...