Wide neckties for men in Bangkok?

DrH

6 minutes ago, DrH said:

Which tailor? The tailor I use has only narrow ties.

Then he/she is not making them, simply selling them.  Calling self a tailor is a stretch.

I haven't had anything made in over 20 years.  Just shirts, and they still wear good.  Abet fading a bit.  Now the wife makes everything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

Tie! Who wears ties? I haven't even had long pants on for four or five years! And, the only time I wear shoes and socks is when I play golf. 

What's wrong with wearing a tie? A couple of my ties are getting a bit shabby so I'm following this thread with interest. The links so far have been too expensive for me though. I normally spend about 30-35GBP per tie from TM Lewin or Hawes and Curtis.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billsmart said:

Tie! Who wears ties? I haven't even had long pants on for four or five years! And, the only time I wear shoes and socks is when I play golf. 

Got too agree with you, I've been here for nearly 11 years, I don't think I have worn a tie yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ripstanley said:

You are in a tropical country. Why wear a tie?

For me it was company policy for engineers to wear a tie. After the Monday visit to the office it was down to the car, throw the tie in the back and clear off out to work.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, billsmart said:

why not? not evey farang wants to look like a hobo ????

• Haha 2