Paying Provincial Electric Authority bill with Bangkok Bank mobile app

There was a thread about this a few years ago and people said it was possible with the Kasikorn Bank app, but I would like to know how to do it with the Bangkok Bank app.

Theres something like 5 barcodes and QR codes on the bill and none of them scan. The number for PEA isn’t anywhere on the app. 

Anyway, this month i would like to do it from the Bangkok Bank app instead of 7-11. Does anyone know how to do it?

Its quite simple once you enter your app and select pay bill you can either use the select payee section where you can set up the payment using your bill contract number or select scan to pay option and scan QR code. Just access your App and have a go. My MEA is set up and paid every month via the App. PEA should be the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BangkokAlan said:

Its quite simple once you enter your app and select pay bill you can either use the select payee section where you can set up the payment using your bill contract number or select scan to pay option and scan QR code. Just access your App and have a go. My MEA is set up and paid every month via the App. PEA should be the same.

It should be the same, but it isn’t. MEA is listed, PEA is not.

• Like 1

I had to set it up as a direct debit with Bangkok Bank and the PEA.

If I remember rightly,  initially I got a form from the PEA to complete, then present to my bank and then return to the PEA.

Longwinded but it worked. ???? 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Farmerslife said:

I had to set it up as a direct debit with Bangkok Bank and the PEA.

If I remember rightly,  initially I got a form from the PEA to complete, then present to my bank and then return to the PEA.

Longwinded but it worked. ???? 

I did the same. Works great, direct debit. 

2 minutes ago, Kildonan said:

I did the same. Works great, direct debit. 

Yes, once set up, you can forget about it*. No worries about failing to make a payment on time.  

* Useful for an oldie like me as, according to some of the younger posters on here, I am by now in the grips of dementia. ???? 

For what it's worth, I find that paying my PEA bill using my TTB bank app is very hit and miss - sometimes it works and sometimes I get a 'corrupted data' message when using either the QR code or barcode that is on the bill.  I think that it's down to the fact that the quality of the printed bill - little man reads the meter and produces the bill on the spot, from some sort of gadget that he has with him - is sometimes a bit dodgy.  We went through a period where scanning just didn't work for a few months.  It's been much better recently.

3 hours ago, Everyman said:

It should be the same, but it isn’t. MEA is listed, PEA is not.

Yep, that is also my experience with the Bkk Bank App. Luckily I also have the SCB App and QR code and scan payments to PEA work just fine with that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Everyman said:

i can’t. it’s a rental and the property owner already set it up on his app.

Our neighbors house (we just recently bought) was already in the Pea APP of the Son of the owner and I added the house with no problem to my PEA app setup.

You need the bill (any PEA bill will do, but it has to have a QR Code or a Bar Code) to be able to add it to the PEA APP!

AFAIK The bottom QR code / Bar Code is for payment. The TOP ones are for adding to the PEA App (or maybe for something else as well)

On 7/3/2022 at 3:39 PM, Everyman said:

i can’t. it’s a rental and the property owner already set it up on his app.

Bummer 

On the PEA App, I pay bills using rabbit line pay 

I've also paid using Kasikorn app, never had success using BKK Bank app 

• 1 year later...

Bangkok Bank is  the retail bank leader with over 17 million customer accounts but they don't have the PEA on their app so customers can easily pay their electricity.......Would Ricky Gervais have a field day with that or what?😆😆😆😆

• Confused 1

If you are lucky enough to have a Kasikorn Bank account it is simple. Download Kplus app to your mobile and you are set to go.

Wait 24 hours after your meter has been read.

open the app and click on PAYMENT. Enter your pin number. 

Go to top of page on the left click on back arrow...this takes you back to the first page.

At the bottom of the page there's 5 choices in a row click SCAN. 

Scan the qr (that's the square right of the bar code) you bill details and the amount will pop up...proceed to pay and your done.