people with big backpacks

Kwasaki

Seen many people coming back to our village lately with  big backpacks front packs as well 

So what are they back/front packers.? 

When I came to Thailand it was never more than a cabin bag and I went everywhere in Thailand. 

So what's with these people.? 

Things are starting to pick up again out at Mueang Khao, yeah? 

You might have this new breed that feels it necessary to carry all their worldly goods with themselves as they travel. 

Personally, I would find that a hindrance more often than not. Too much <deleted> to haul around. 

Yet, I've long been disassociated with the tourist/traveler/backpacker set - can't relate. 

Everyone has their own particular comfort zone, I guess.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

digital nomads probably have a laptop, camera, everything....

horrible, the worst of the worst, glad the OP is shaming them!!!!!  How dare they be strong enough to haul some front and backpacking packing packing!!!!!    probably only 10 baht to their name.  probably has hiking boots for some dumb fun adventure, shirts for partying, nice clothes, maybe even a drone......hate these kids!!!!!!!!  Never look them in the eyes, make them feel uncomfortable.....this is our Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one small bathroom kit, that's it.   everything else, digital.    

Oh sheer sarcasm and shame in your post.  You forgot the youtubers that have extra equipment such as small drones, which they fail to realize they need to be licensed for here.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

+1, and youtubers that have extra equipment such as small drones, which they fail to realize they need to be licensed for here.

Did you miss the sarcasm ?

• Haha 1

A sleeping bag and a tent take up half a bag, not to mention the millstone of hiking boots. Toss in something like scuba gear and it's not hard to fill up a big bag. I prefer real sheets and a couple of good pillows, so my own bag has been upgraded to medium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

digital nomads probably have a laptop, camera, everything....

horrible, the worst of the worst, glad the OP is shaming them!!!!!  How dare they be strong enough to haul some front and backpacking packing packing!!!!!    probably only 10 baht to their name.  probably has hiking boots for some dumb fun adventure, shirts for partying, nice clothes, maybe even a drone......hate these kids!!!!!!!!  Never look them in the eyes, make them feel uncomfortable.....this is our Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one small bathroom kit, that's it.   everything else, digital.    

I hate these kids with more than one T-Shirt , you can wash a T-shirt and walk around bare chested the next  day , no one needs more than one t-shirt

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Things are starting to pick up again out at Mueang Khao, yeah? 

You might have this new breed that feels it necessary to carry all their worldly goods with themselves as they travel. 

Personally, I would find that a hindrance more often than not. Too much <deleted> to haul around. 

Yet, I've long been disassociated with the tourist/traveler/backpacker set - can't relate. 

Everyone has their own particular comfort zone, I guess.

Just save a spot for your deodorant please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've notice this types they don't stop and ask anyone anymore they just follow gps instructions on the phone.

See some of them today looking up and down I went up to them said I live here can I help you and it was a NO and back to looking info on the mobile.

Some others I noticed earlier came in my pub restaurant moaning about paying 1.200 baht for hotel room in the same soi they had booked saying was like a prison cell. ????

It was nice to tell them if you had stopped and asked in this restarant then there's a place further down the road that do nice aircon rooms with windows for 500 and fan rooms for 400 baht. ????

Hilarious the OP has posted this.  I can remember being a backpacker here 40 odd years ago and there were two eurotrash girls in front of me lining up for a bus.  They both had huge front and back packs and could literally barely walk under the weight.  Swedes or Swiss I presume.  I was travelling with a sarong, cotton shirt, passport, money belt and headband.  Too poor back then to own a camera.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So what's with these people.? 

Not wishing to appear alarmist but if you can corner him in a bar somewhere this man will spill the beans if you ply him with brandy :

Q (Desmond Llewelyn) :: Allies :: MI6 :: The Home Of James Bond 007

3 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Hilarious the OP has posted this.  I can remember being a backpacker here 40 odd years ago and there were two eurotrash girls in front of me lining up for a bus.  They both had huge front and back packs and could literally barely walk under the weight.  Swedes or Swiss I presume.  I was travelling with a sarong, cotton shirt, passport, money belt and headband.  Too poor back then to own a camera.

Whow thats sometime back, I did have a phone that could take picture in my cabin bag when I came in 1999 and I was well healed with dosh.

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

Not wishing to appear alarmist but if you can corner him in a bar somewhere this man will spill the beans if you ply him with brandy :

Q (Desmond Llewelyn) :: Allies :: MI6 :: The Home Of James Bond 007

Will he have a backpack. ????

13 hours ago, Denim said:

About the size needed to pack a Little Nellie,  Or as it is called now ' Somchai lek noi '

You'll have to explain that a bit easy more for me pal.

Remember the small plane 007, what's a nice little fella got to do with it.  !!!

• Haha 1