AIS to take over Triple T Broadband, infrastructure fund from JAS

webfact

image.jpeg

By Panithan Onthaworn

Thailand’s largest mobile carrier Advanced Info Service Plc (ADVANC) said on Monday it is acquiring two broadband entities from Jasmine International Plc (JAS) for 32.4 billion baht.

In the morning session, ADVANC rose by 3.3 per cent from its prior closing to 202 baht, while JAS fell 3.9 per cent to 3.46 baht. 

The telecom giant will pay 19.5 billion baht for Triple T Broadband through its subsidiary Advanced Wireless Network. In another deal, 12.9 billion baht will be used to buy a 19.9 per cent stake in the Jasmine Broadband Internet Infrastructure Fund (JASIF).

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/41420/ais-to-take-over-triple-t-broadband-infrastructure-fund-from-jas/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

12 hours ago, elwood said:

However, I use AIS when away from the house and where free WIFI is not available, and they are always good. Also several acquaintances use their monthly plans and are happy with them

I use AiS all the time, 5 years never an issue.

• Like 1

Many positive reports about AIS fiber on the forum here.

They offer mesh WiFi up here in the village.

The mobile network still has best coverage (I have an AIS and a DTAC SIM and DTAC rarely comes close).

No reason to assume that the quality will go down after merging with 3BB.

Prices/competition is a different matter.

Edited by KhunBENQ

18 hours ago, elwood said:

However, I use AIS when away from the house and where free WIFI is not available, and they are always good. Also several acquaintances use their monthly plans and are happy with them.

It's the Thailand typical trend of eliminating meaningful market competition that's concerning...

True is buying out DTAC... eliminating competition in mobile services.

AIS is buying out 3BB... eliminating competition in home internet services.

Part of the reason we've enjoyed pretty good rates for internet services and mobile services is there have been competitors like DTAC and 3BB providing competition to the huge monopoly-inclined firms like True....  But that all seems to be vanishing now.

There's a difference between quality of service and rates... In my experience, AIS is usually a pretty good quality service provider both for mobile and fiber internet. But True is an abomination for both....

However, with the reduced amount of competition coming, where the changes likely will be felt in the future is in product prices.... and AIS needing to pay off their acquisition of 3BB.... Who do you think will end up paying for that?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1