RTP chief Suwat tells force there must be no smoking of weed at police stations/on police property

webfact

31 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Well that's an announcement I never thought I would see issued to a a police force.

Police shouldn't smoke weed in the Police Station. Sort of stating the obvious.

Exactly but anywhere else is okay he continued to add that eye drops clear the redness in your eyes so pls keep a bottle of Viseen at the ready. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

Well that's an announcement I never thought I would see issued to a a police force.

Perhaps they need to open the windows that should get rid of the smell no need to ban it completely. 

I had a Dutch guy about 39 years old report me for ganja 3 years ago in Thailand , he has a Italian first name beware of this pig , but when locked up they had ganja in the cell lol, I didn’t partake though , 5 days was enough , he was hoping I was deported after ripping me off on motorbike, he came to me every week to leech  off me for smoke , I not see him just give 

Edited by San Fran Dan

7 hours ago, phetphet said:

Thai television comedy series based on the stoner Thai cop station coming up.

Edited by Enoon

Well Mr. Chief Obvious, if the police force must be warned, better extend your warning to hospitals, ambulance drivers, military on duty, MP's sitting in Parliament, travelling motorbike/auto taxi drivers, etc.

• Like 1

Isn't it Illegal to use the Weed that has a THC content higher than 0.2 % ?

I bet that all the stuff what's for sale other than the Chaff  (and who's gonna smoke that) has a THC content higher than 0.2 %

Any recreational use would then be Illegal being that for the public And the Police Right. 

Who's enforcing this Law may you ask, Well uh uh No one.  ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DezLez said:

Why are the police being discriminated against or do they really know and accept that it is actually bad for some users!

A ridiculous statement, of course they are not being discriminated against,, did you think they were allowed to drink at work too? of course they are not allowed to. Neither is anybody else, except perhaps bargirls and beer/wine tasters . And  no, its nothing to do with "accepting that its actually bad for some users" Its just common sense and part of trying to maintain a professional image.

In any case all police stations like all public buildings are no smoking zones, or haven't you noticed 

The essence of the order though is clear as daylight Its  (stlll) not illegal for the rest of society so if the police can accept it so should you

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

In any case all police stations like all public buildings are no smoking zones,

Correct they cannot smoke inside the buildings but they can in the car parks etc.  But they cannot use the cr&p anywhere on Police property.   A big difference in rules.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The order also made it clear that station chiefs and heads of section were to advise all under their command to refrain from recreational use of ganja and to avoid any activity that may bring the force into disrepute.

???? yea right. Medical purposes only when their out of their heads slumped at home

9 hours ago, phetphet said:

Yeah right on man but keep those brown envelopes  full..

This must be one of the very few countries in the world where the police chief has to remind his minions to refrain from drugs while on duty. What about a lil shot of whiskey to help get through the dull days of exhausting law enforcement? 

Been here for many years but I still can't believe some of the stuff that goes on.

• Haha 1