Pattaya: Work to beautify Jomtien by removing excess cables

webfact

If it is anything like the Darkside, got to laugh they removed dead wires same as you see in the photos of this story but before they leave the companies leave they put up new wires rolled up as if the poles are there for their storage. There are like 5 companies in Pattaya providing service but after all the dead wires are removed there seem to still be a hundred left?????

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

This was in line with newly elected mayor Poramet Ngamphichet policy to turn Pattaya into a world class resort that was clean and organized. 

You'd think this would be normal practiced in an oraganised resort.

Not an order to clean up there act.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

i agree on both counts .perticular the dogs 

I join you in your agreement. Especially for the dogs. But they should not kill them. Maybe they can be catched, sterilized and then moved to a big place - forming the largest dog farm of the world while they reduce naturally. And then promote this as a tourist attraction of which Pattya is in search so desperately (marching bands ????)

Edited by moogradod

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

I wonder when litter bins will be invented?

No Sh!t! I've lived in Thailand for years and having grown up in the U.S. (where there actually are trash cans everwhere that actually get emptied by people), I continually end up with a wrapper or something in my hand and look around for the nearest trash can then, duh!, I'm in Thailand where there are none. I have to carry it around or stick it in my pocket or something. If they really get serious about attracting "better" tourists, they are going to have to install trash cans, public restrooms, get rid of those cables, and fix the sidewalks. Oh, and actually start fining the motorcyclists who ride on those sidewalks. That would be a start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2022 at 5:13 AM, webfact said:

to turn Pattaya into a world class resort

that i know of, this has been said for at least 12 years. is there a target date? if i was told that the target year was 2570, i would still have to ask...

2570 BE? or 2570 CE?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JCP108 said:

No Sh!t! I've lived in Thailand for years and having grown up in the U.S. (where there actually are trash cans everwhere that actually get emptied by people), I continually end up with a wrapper or something in my hand and look around for the nearest trash can then, duh!, I'm in Thailand where there are none. I have to carry it around or stick it in my pocket or something. If they really get serious about attracting "better" tourists, they are going to have to install trash cans, public restrooms, get rid of those cables, and fix the sidewalks. Oh, and actually start fining the motorcyclists who ride on those sidewalks. That would be a start. 

I agree, though we are not looking at the problem from a local perspective. If there were rubbish bins spaced along the pavements for example, that would mean carrying your plastic bags, plastic cups etc to the bin. A much simpler solution is to, A- leave your rubbish on the beach, just get up and walk away, or B- walk along the pavement, then when the drink is finished toss the container into the nearest bush or gutter......:thumbsup: 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, JCP108 said:

I continually end up with a wrapper or something in my hand and look around for the nearest trash can then, duh!, I'm in Thailand where there are none.

In front of the nearest 7-11!

• Haha 1