Thai Public Health Ministry never supported removing masks in public, Anutin says

webfact

1 hour ago, mnomad said:

This is annoying. If you want to wear a mask or three then fine, but these mandates for everyone are just baseless. The Thais have already positioned themselves years away from normality, anything more to encourage this just adds to that fear.  Some of the insanity I've seen just today, truck driver masked - only one in his cabin, BTS driver - masked, young kids double masked outdoors, young couple in coffee shop gloved,  guy in foodland that timed his mask removal with the positioning of his spoon with the precision of an F1 pitstop. Stop the insanity.

Is it insanity or is it life as they and others are willing to live it. Who are you to tell someone they are insane for wearing a mask. Live and let live wear it or don't.  Your decision. Yet cases are rising among those that are not wearing a mask.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mnomad said:

Source? Where did you get such a breakdown?

For one on the news this morning here in BKK, and then from reading articles which discuss the rising cases. You might want to do some research and find your own articles instead of expecting folks to lay it all out for you.  I get so tired when people make statements without looking elsewhere to find the information, and hence make a type of personal attack like your post gets close to.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40017403

Bangkok deputy governor Tavida Kamolvej said on Tuesday that after the mask mandate in several public places was lifted last month, the city has found increasing infections among school children, especially those in elementary level and above.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-infections-in-thailand-expected-to-peak-again-in-september/

Chief of the Disease Control Department’s Epidemiology Division Chakkarat Pittayawonganon said today (Tuesday) that data on infections from the 22nd to 26th weeks of this year clearly show a rising trend, especially in Bangkok and touristic provinces, despite fewer infections being reported by the government this week.  He said that the infection curve will climb steeply, to its peak of about 4,000 cases a day in September, from about 2,000 cases this week, if the relaxation of COVID-19 measures since June remains unchanged, including voluntary mask wearing.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/health/thailands-covid-19-cases-rise/

The CCSA says that, since the face mask requirements were relaxed in public places, as well as pubs and bars reopening, lung infections have increased from 598 to 684 cases and those who require ventilators from 288 to 292.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

Anutit should make his mask out of plastic bags and make sure that he gets a perfect seal. Maybe Ferrari Joe can assist him. 

Thais doen't need a mandate to mask up and foreigners will or wont mask up based on their beliefs. Thailand really does need to move on from the Covid mentality. This disease is globally "here to stay" and I don't want to mask up for another 20 years or so. Vaccine as needed and move on.

God help the foreigners if Anutin ever manages to climb over his useless mates and reach the Prime Minister position.

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

For one on the news this morning here in BKK, and then from reading articles which discuss the rising cases. You might want to do some research and find your own articles instead of expecting folks to lay it all out for you.  I get so tired when people make statements without looking elsewhere to find the information, and hence make a type of personal attack like your post gets close to.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40017403

Bangkok deputy governor Tavida Kamolvej said on Tuesday that after the mask mandate in several public places was lifted last month, the city has found increasing infections among school children, especially those in elementary level and above.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-infections-in-thailand-expected-to-peak-again-in-september/

Chief of the Disease Control Department’s Epidemiology Division Chakkarat Pittayawonganon said today (Tuesday) that data on infections from the 22nd to 26th weeks of this year clearly show a rising trend, especially in Bangkok and touristic provinces, despite fewer infections being reported by the government this week.  He said that the infection curve will climb steeply, to its peak of about 4,000 cases a day in September, from about 2,000 cases this week, if the relaxation of COVID-19 measures since June remains unchanged, including voluntary mask wearing.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/health/thailands-covid-19-cases-rise/

The CCSA says that, since the face mask requirements were relaxed in public places, as well as pubs and bars reopening, lung infections have increased from 598 to 684 cases and those who require ventilators from 288 to 292.

5 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

That's the point - let us wear it if we want, and not wear it if we don't. But at least you should educate those who want to wear it what's the best way to wear it. Those who wear them on the chin or hanging around the neck and put it up when someone approaches them, those who put the mask on the table or in the pocket when they eat it drink and then reuse the same mask, those who wear 1 mask for few days or weeks - they might think it prevents something, but is it?

And as for your statement that cases rise among those who don't wear them - do you have an actual research or statistics to support it?

Look at my last post and you might see somethings that interest you or maybe you will call it all lies.  As Thai's say "Up to you"

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Look at my last post and you might see somethings that interest you or maybe you will call it all lies.  As Thai's say "Up to you"

Yes I do call it lies!  It is not proof, just biased opinions!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Never going to happen.

Anutin is after Uncle Tu's job.

It's an appointed position that requires being in the good graces of the particular few.

39 minutes ago, DezLez said:

None of the above is proof that the non use of masks is responsible!

Please quote a scientific study to back up your scaremongering propaganda!

Called common sense really.

• Confused 2

I dunno what they are worried about. I was elated when I heard the mask mandate was finished. And in that 2 weeks I have not seen one Thai without a mask. Yet everyday see dozens of motorbikes driving no helmet, like they are on the highway to hell. Often what looks like a 2 year old baby propped up at the front of the bike and kid or 2 on the back. It is the most ridiculous paradox but hey...TIT

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

His statements come only two weeks after the mask mandate was eased by the Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha in a surprise late night order, following months of back and forth debate between the tourism and business industry who wanted it eased, especially the outside mandate and because the business sector claims many foreign tourists have no interest in wearing masks, and doctors and the medical sector who support the mandate staying with no specific offramp.

This is passing the buck time...

Tourists have no say in what the rules are..

on arrival if they're told you must wear a mask or face problems then they would wear them.

This is back pedaling again by those who tried to push this through and now don't want to be associated with the rising infection numbers.