Thai Public Health Ministry never supported removing masks in public, Anutin says

webfact

12 hours ago, DezLez said:

The problem is that you are trying to ram your "common sense" opinion down our unmasked throats as facts when they are not.

Can I suggest you continue wearing your halo, sorry mask and let the rest of us smile at each other without your constent commentary telling us we are wrong!

Please put a sock, or in this case, a mask in it and leave us alone.

Well some more reading for you, If the EU and the rest of the world is seeing this you can sure bet it is the same here, but then you do not care, your freedoms are all that matter.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/technology/science/we-are-at-the-start-of-the-third-wave-warning-as-covid19-case-numbers-rise-sharply/news-story/be718f4e1dbdf78f2e5ad22fab432478

“I’m concerned about this picture and I am calling on the community to do a few things to protect yourself and each other,” she said, urging residents to ensure they were vaccinated.

“Isolate if you’re sick and get tested, wear a mask when indoors and around other people and know if antivirals are recommended from you,” Dr Chant said.

“So please wear a mask in indoor areas around other people outside your home, including public transport, pharmacies and shops. Masks, while protecting yourself, can also protect other people.”

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/people-urged-wear-masks-again-24389809

The public is once again being urged to consider wearing a face covering in crowded places as Covid cases surge. There are concerns that the number of people hospitalised with the virus will hit an 18-month high.

Dame Dr Jenny Harries, who is chief executive of the UK Health Security Agency, said the latest increase was yet to peak. She predicted it was "quite likely" that hospitalisations will surpass the previous wave in the spring

Singapore is a very heavily masked society but their recent per capita case numbers are some of the highest in the world at over 12k cases per day.

Numbers can be skewed by a greater willingness to report positive cases but masks aren't the silver bullet.

In Singapore they invariably use N95 masks and they know how to wear them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well some more reading for you, If the EU and the rest of the world is seeing this you can sure bet it is the same here, but then you do not care, your freedoms are all that matter.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/technology/science/we-are-at-the-start-of-the-third-wave-warning-as-covid19-case-numbers-rise-sharply/news-story/be718f4e1dbdf78f2e5ad22fab432478

“I’m concerned about this picture and I am calling on the community to do a few things to protect yourself and each other,” she said, urging residents to ensure they were vaccinated.

“Isolate if you’re sick and get tested, wear a mask when indoors and around other people and know if antivirals are recommended from you,” Dr Chant said.

“So please wear a mask in indoor areas around other people outside your home, including public transport, pharmacies and shops. Masks, while protecting yourself, can also protect other people.”

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/people-urged-wear-masks-again-24389809

The public is once again being urged to consider wearing a face covering in crowded places as Covid cases surge. There are concerns that the number of people hospitalised with the virus will hit an 18-month high.

Dame Dr Jenny Harries, who is chief executive of the UK Health Security Agency, said the latest increase was yet to peak. She predicted it was "quite likely" that hospitalisations will surpass the previous wave in the spring

More opinions and statements without any proper evidence!

We have all read your rants. 

How about keeping quiet and let us get on with our lives. 

Feel free to wear your mask but please cut out the unscientific lectures!

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DezLez said:

More opinions and statements without any proper evidence!

We have all read your rants. 

How about keeping quiet and let us get on with our lives. 

Feel free to wear your mask but please cut out the unscientific lectures!

Was that rant aimed at the poster, or the Daily Telegraph science team.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Was that rant aimed at the poster, or the Daily Telegraph science team.

Both;

Actually it is not from the Daily Telegraph science team as you claim.  Do a little research and you will find it is from an Australian Journalist called Andrew Backhouse and is quoting people's opinions not scientific data.

Covid-19 third wave, WHO warns of exploding coronavirus case numbers | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Edited by DezLez

18 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Have a look at the poster boy for masks. 6 vaccines and a mask everyday....gets covid. Never been an anti vaxxer or conspiracy theorist through this whole thing but sometimes you have to believe the facts you see, and not the cr@p we are being fed through the overload of media we are exposed to these days. I know people who have been heavily vaxed and people who have had no vax (my 75yo mom) and symptoms seem to be the same...3 days...headache, sore throat aka flu. I am sure it effects some worse than others but so does every other disease. From where I sit either the worlds gone mad, there is some other agenda or this thing has the potential to morph and become worse. If so tell us, if not let us get on with our lives

Do get on with your life, never said you couldn't, and enjoy what may or may not become the new normal. If the posts I make upset you just ignore them or better yet stop looking at OPs such as this, just a thought.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1

Come to Thailand, wear a mask outside and on your motorbike but no helmet of course. Then book a hotel, you pay double from the locals, maybe check a national park where they put the price in Thai numbers so you can't read it, but you have a phone and use translate, eat rice with low quality stuff everywhere you go, sit on dirty beaches, breath the burning rubbish, get some fleas from soi dogs and then go back to Europe and tell all about your great experience here. 

Can't you see what they are doing ? I can't. 

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1