Severe Anxiety

3 hours ago, mstevens said:

It could be sugar as not everything affects everyone the same. Sugar might have zero effect on you but on someone else it might have a terrible effect. Whenever someone has an undiagnosed medical condition, reducing sugar and cleaning up one's diet isn't a bad starting point.

reducing fatty junk food I'd agree with

4 hours ago, mstevens said:

Getting the blood test you mentioned and having thyroid checked is a great idea.

Assuming the test comes back ok, there are some herbal supplements that can assist those suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. Ashwagandha is popular. Google it and see if it's for you. I took it for a few months a year or so back and found it to have a very soothing effect. There are other herbs that are similar such as Rhodiola, Tulsi and others. They have similar effects but can vary a little i.e. Tulsi is good to take in the evening as it can help (a little) with sleep. But for sure, if anxiety is an issue, Ashwagandha is a decent starting point.

I was between that and l-theanine, but tried the latter. I felt it helped but it also made me feel apathetic and tired. I just felt i was not myself and very emotionless after taking it.

I sleep well but i feel my anxiety is at its peak just after waking up and hours following it, gets better as the day goes on.

Edited by buddyy

14 hours ago, buddyy said:

I was between that and l-theanine, but tried the latter. I felt it helped but it also made me feel apathetic and tired. I just felt i was not myself and very emotionless after taking it.

I sleep well but i feel my anxiety is at its peak just after waking up and hours following it, gets better as the day goes on.

In that case, you might like to take a look at Rhodiola Extract. It's another adaptogen like Ashwagandha but it also tends to boost energy, stamina and mental clarity. It is typically taken in the morning. It's worth Googling "Rhodiola Extract" and doing your own research to see if it is for you. I have not actually tried it. I do have an unopened bottle in my cupboard but have never used it as Ashwagandha and Tulsi work well for me.

• Thumbs Up 1