Dawn Raids: Murder victim "necklaced" after dispute at motorcycle repair shop

webfact

image.jpeg

Naew Na Thai Caption: Criminals defeated - 17 suspects nabbed including necklacing/stabbing cases

Naew Na were another Thai media reporting on dawn raids conducted by Thai commandos yesterday. They reported a case involving a form of necklacing (putting victim's in vehicle tires). Though the victim in this case was already dead.  

The 17 cases in the raids involved 6 murders, 7 attempted murders, three robberies and one case of grievous bodily harm. 

The necklacing case involved a man called Tossaphon, 42. This involved the murder and removal of a corpse of a retired airman who had a puncture repair business with Tossaphon. They had a disagreement over money.

With others he chased the victim with a knife, then in a vehicle, attacked him with a club, ran over him before burning the corpse in tires from the puncture repair shop. This happened 15 years ago. 

Other alleged criminals caught in the raids were reported in other stories on ASEAN NOW today. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

661207.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

661208.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry, but i can't read 'Ex-Hollywood, Fat, haired dyed man with gun running around in a B movie' anywhere into that story

Might be an" Ex-Hollywood, Fat, haired dyed man," but he'd sure as heck kick your @$$ before you finished calling him that.

• Like 1

Just now, RichardColeman said:

At 6 ft 3 compared to my 5 ft 6 you may be right. But I'm pretty sure I can run faster 

Maybe not, but you can definitely run more manly...

Good sport, there, old boy. Nice to see on this forum.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The 17 cases in the raids involved 6 murders, 7 attempted murders,

There is a disturbing trend going on, and, trust me, lots of murders are not reported in the main papers.    If someone asked me if Thailand was safe, I would say, "Sure, it's very safe; however, just use some common sense because bad things can happen"    The "however" part was added only a few years ago.  

18 hours ago, webfact said:

With others he chased the victim with a knife, then in a vehicle, attacked him with a club, ran over him before burning the corpse in tires from the puncture repair shop. This happened 15 years ago.

Lessons from Africa?

20 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Reads like the plot of an awful Steven Segal film  . . .  ????

In my opinion, all Steven Segal films are awful. But that's a matter of personal taste.

• Thanks 1