Going to Cambodia for a year

I've lived in Thailand for awhile, but would like head to Cambodia and would like to know:

1. What is the easiest way to get a 1 year visa?

I've read that you can enter on some kind of visa and then extend it for a year if you show a business license. I do own a small business in my country (that is managed by my employee) and have a business license. Will they accept that? Do I need to write a letter saying I am self employed and then stamp it...or something?

2. I would like to open a bank account at the most useful bank, i.e. the one with the most ATMs and the most useful banking app. Any suggestions?

Thanks

If you're over 55,

Arrive on an ordinary Visa (not tourist Visa) then extend for a year (almost any local travel agent will do it) retirement  Extension for $300. No paperwork or financial required. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If you're over 55,

Arrive on an ordinary Visa (not tourist Visa) then extend for a year (almost any local travel agent will do it) retirement  Extension for $300. No paperwork or financial required. 

i am in my 30s

Just ask around in Phnom Penh, will be like 200 usd for 6 months or 300-350 usd for 12 months business visa without any papers needed, age is not relevant either.

I did a 6 month business visa for 180 dollars at the time, they took my passport a few days, went to Laos and returned with a Non-B visa signed of by some general. They are usually happy already someone is spending longer time so no worries.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 7/9/2022 at 11:24 AM, Everyman said:

i am in my 30

apply for an ordinary visa on arrival ( $35) than go to any agent an request an EG extension ( looking for work) valid for 6 months. $180

"...age is not relevant either."
age is VERY relevant as under 55 u cant get a RE extension

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, zzzzz said:

apply for an ordinary visa on arrival ( $35) than go to any agent an request an EG extension ( looking for work) valid for 6 months. $180

"...age is not relevant either."
age is VERY relevant as under 55 u cant get a RE extension

thank you. do you know if you can you open a bank account on that visa and maybe which bank? 

On 7/8/2022 at 8:38 PM, BritManToo said:

If you're over 55,

hmmm.  boy that sounds easy.  Does it really work that way?

On 7/8/2022 at 8:38 PM, BritManToo said:

If you're over 55,

yes but I read that you can only do that if you arrive using an online evisa.  If you arrive and get the visa on arrival, you can not get the retirement extension.

13 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

yes but I read that you can only do that if you arrive using an online evisa.  If you arrive and get the visa on arrival, you can not get the retirement extension.

100% WRONG:!!!   
You get ur ordinary ( business) visa on arrival ( $35) if you do the online visa its a tourist visa and can only be extended once for 30 days!!!

after you arrive an have a place to live, u apply for the 1 year extension, ( $290-300) thru any agent anywhere in the country.
There is paperwork/photo and you need have ur landlord do the FPCS ( like a TM 30) via a phone app

Please dont post lies

Edited by zzzzz

On 7/29/2022 at 8:22 AM, zzzzz said:

100% WRONG:!!!   
You get ur ordinary ( business) visa on arrival ( $35) if you do the online visa its a tourist visa and can only be extended once for 30 days!!!

after you arrive an have a place to live, u apply for the 1 year extension, ( $290-300) thru any agent anywhere in the country.
There is paperwork/photo and you need have ur landlord do the FPCS ( like a TM 30) via a phone app

Please dont post lies

You use words Ordinary but then say business visa.  As far as not posting lies, I did NOT post any lie.  I posted exactly what I read.  I never claimed it was 100 per cent true. It was a comment for discussion.