Taking an early taxi to airport

Charlie

I intend to take a Bangkok Meter Taxi to airport.

My flight is very early. My question is this.

Is there any taxi running around the city at 3.00am.

Your kind advice is much appreciated..

Thanking you all in advance.

• Confused 1

It is extremely easy to get a taxi in the middle of the night in Bangkok. If you are not near a main road, you might prefer to use the Bolt app to get a taxi, however. You might not find a taxi cruising in the depths of a residential area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

It is extremely easy to get a taxi in the middle of the night in Bangkok. If you are not near a main road, you might prefer to use the Bolt app to get a taxi, however. You might not find a taxi cruising in the depths of a residential area.

Agreed, if you live by Sukhumvit road or any main streets, finding a taxi in Bangkok at night shouldn't take more than a few minutes. If you live inside smaller sois, it might be an issue and in this case like BritTim said, use Bolt, Grab or whatever app there is available.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

My experience catching a cab that time (0300 or so) for Airport at Suk, soi 7 area the taxis will never use a meter. 5 yrs ago it was in the 500 thb range.

Not surprised in Nana area. I used to go from one taxi to another after going out around soi 11 until someone accepted to turn the meter on. And I lived nearby, so their usual "200" baht nonsense didn't appeal to me.