Marriage or tourist

Hello. I am going to see my family in Thailand for 22 days in September. I was wondering if i would be ok with 30 day except or would be safer to still get a marriage visa?  I am from uk. Thank you. 

im not fully sure but if you get a tourist visa you should show some money with you (20.000 baht?) and few other details they might ask or want to see.

if its not complicated there, i would get a marriage visa for 3 months (single entry). im pretty sure there will be no problems at the immigration. play safe ????

1 hour ago, sd44 said:

Brilliant thanks guys. I just wondered with my visit for family rather than tourism. 

Keep in mind that flying visa exempt the airline at departure may require an onward flight within 30 days of arrival to issue boarding pass.

You mention 22 day trip so you most likely have return flight. 

Edited by DrJack54

25 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

im not fully sure but if you get a tourist visa you should show some money with you (20.000 baht?) and few other details they might ask or want to see.

if its not complicated there, i would get a marriage visa for 3 months (single entry). im pretty sure there will be no problems at the immigration. play safe ????

He is not asking about a tourist visa. He is only staying for 22 days and will entering visa exempt.

It has been several years now since I did it but I have entered many times visa exempt to stay with my wife for a short period of time.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Keep in mind that flying visa exempt the airline at departure may require an onward flight within 30 days of arrival to issue boarding pass.

You mention 22 day trip so you most likely have return flight. 

Can't have thread in the visa section without DrJack stating you must have an onward flight ????

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Or may not, 14 years coming to Thailand on one way tickets

That is very dependent on the country you are flying from and the airline.

Most nearby countries (including many not so close) and low cost airlines will not let you checking or board without an onward ticket.

So your experience is valid from where? And what airline/airlines?

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

On Thai Airways, Singapore and Etihad Airways, from Brisbane and Abu Dhabi 

Useful information, notability none of them are LCCs, which may, or may not be relevant.

You would almost certainly have had a different experience on a LCC also flying from Japan among other countries.

3 hours ago, sd44 said:

Brilliant thanks guys. I just wondered with my visit for family rather than tourism. 

Any trips you have to visit family for short periods (such as this trip) do it with visa exempt entry. 

• Like 2