Are Bongs Legal?

"Hookah"  pipes, that the Arabs use to smoke tobacco were banned in 2003 apparently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3071521.stm

this article says import of water pipes banned in 2014

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/thailand-bans-import-of-water-pipes-electronic-cigarettes-1.2052738

So are Bongs illegal? Is there a technical difference between waterpipe, hookah and a bong ?

Edited by CrossBones

pretty certain the ban on those Arab pipe things  was something to do with them also not liking the Tobacco that was used in them,  some sort of  Tax issue maybe.  I wouldn't worry too much about a bong   

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I just bought one of these from Facebook. 138bht Cod. 

FB_IMG_1658225268252.jpg

Almost bought one of those a few times.  Let us know how practical it is to use.

Just bought a small pipe, and a few reviews said draw was a bit hard ... and they were correct.  Only cost 109 baht.  Think I'll try to drill a small hole to improve it.  Nice 1 hit pipe, but that's about it, though all I wanted, if lazy to twist one.

Pic from promo:

image.png.be45944ff3225a4c814901bf2da04b43.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

Interesting question. That they are being sold does not necessarily make them legal.

Below are the links to the laws banning hookah pipes. Notably, it describes a hookah as water pipe of Arabic or similar design... used for the inhalation of smoke." Obviously a bong is not a hookah but you could roughly argue it is a somewhat similar design used to inhale smoke. 

https://www.tobaccocontrollaws.org/files/live/Thailand/Thailand - Ban on Hookah%2C E-Cigs.pdf
https://www.tobaccocontrollaws.org/files/live/Thailand/Thailand - Consumer Protection Board Order No. 9_2015.pdf

Edited by lordblackader

53 minutes ago, wombat said:

A selection of Australian Bongs...AKA "BILLY"

No need to buy from online shops...

Should you need one PM me for price.

Screenshot_20220720-135706_Google.jpg

Sorry, but those DIY gizzmos just scream "druggie!!"

1 hour ago, wombat said:

A selection of Australian Bongs...AKA "BILLY"

No need to buy from online shops...

Should you need one PM me for price.

Screenshot_20220720-135706_Google.jpg

This thread got me peeking on sites for different pipes, saw one vender selling to resemble beer bottles.

image.png.f9beaa6c5ce8a448ac695c81eb0926c7.png

Bongs are not Illegal.

That's different from saying Bongs are legal.

Almost anything can be made to be illegal here, if someone wants to press the matter. Heck, playing cards are illegal here, unless you've obtained an import license.

Bong Party has been around for years, and there are dozens of other sellers on FB.

Edited by bamnutsak

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I just bought one of these from Facebook. 138bht Cod. 

FB_IMG_1658225268252.jpg

22 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Almost bought one of those a few times.  Let us know how practical it is to use.

Just bought a small pipe, and a few reviews said draw was a bit hard ... and they were correct.  Only cost 109 baht.  Think I'll try to drill a small hole to improve it.  Nice 1 hit pipe, but that's about it, though all I wanted, if lazy to twist one.

Pic from promo:

image.png.be45944ff3225a4c814901bf2da04b43.png

22 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Link please.

I bought 1 on Lazada over a year ago. Useless.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Why please?

Very small, tiny pipes that clog with each use and very hard to clean, also make it very hard to draw smoke. I took out the little metal thing that connects the monthpiece to the "bottle" and that helped a bit but the tape doesn't hold the pieces together very well. All in all I'd go for a real full size bong instead of this thing.

Personally I ended buying a non electronic vaper which I usually use, and sometimes just roll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

So?

Ah JT, I think you and I had different upbringings and experiences.  I can't think of any positive experiences that I've had with those who regularly partake in drugs, such as those who smoke cannabis, crack, inject heroin, smoke opium (too many hassles with 'farang' opium addicts in Myanmar), alcoholics etc etc. I'm getting old and leave that kind of stress to others ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Got bamboo in your yard?  Make a quick cut of a section,  keeping a closed bottom, then drill a hole for the stem (a half-lengthwise sheet of A4 paper, wrapped tightly around a piece of clothes-hanger wire and taped, then removed from the wire).  Cut a piece of stainless steel mesh from a cheap flour sifter and push it about half way down.  Use the pipe until it needs cleaning, then throw it out and make another.  Quick and easy and draws great with no condensation in the stem.

BambooPipe.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 5:02 PM, LukKrueng said:

Very small, tiny pipes that clog with each use and very hard to clean, also make it very hard to draw smoke. I took out the little metal thing that connects the monthpiece to the "bottle" and that helped a bit but the tape doesn't hold the pieces together very well. All in all I'd go for a real full size bong instead of this thing.

Personally I ended buying a non electronic vaper which I usually use, and sometimes just roll.

Mine arrived yesterday, works really well.

None of the problems you mentioned.

IMG_20220722_063141.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1