Doctor Warns Another Big Covid Wave Is Looming

webfact

image.jpeg

by TNR Staff 

A PULMONARY disease expert warned in a Facebook post yesterday (July 14) that Omicron subvariant BA.5 is now spreading widely in the country with the increase in the number of pneumonia patients indicating that another big wave is looming, Amarin TV said.

Dr. Manoon Leechawengwongs, who is based at Vichaiyut Hospital, said in his previous post shared mid-June he mentioned that doctors personally taking care of patients had seen signs of a new Covid wave emerging in Bangkok. However at that point he thought it would be a small one which would end quickly to go by the example of South Africa, the first country where Omicron mutants BA.1, BA.2, BA.4 and BA.5 spread.

Yet after almost a month he has now changed his opinion and thinks the current outbreak will be as big as the one in March when Omicron subvariants BA.1 and BA.2 spread heavily in the country.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/07/14/doctor-warns-another-big-covid-wave-is-looming/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-07-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

Well I take my shot on my A$$, 5 is the limit ...each!!!

Cash, gas or A$$ ...no one rides for free-- Guru Pitka

Good comment.

I used to have NRNRH on my motorbike helmet.

No R**t, No Ride Home.

No one rides for free.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, itsari said:

Good idea , just avoid swimming for a while as you may well sink and drown with so many puncture holes in you .

But you can go swimming if you wear a mask as it will stop all the liquid getting in and so you will not drown!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Anyone who says that Covid is behind us and there's nothing more to do as it is what it is, is an ignorant burying their heads in the sand and preferring not to know, Covid, in form or another, will be with us for number of years to come wrecking havoc and death all over the world...

I  fear you may be correct but really am hoping it becomes another endemic, flu like infection. We aren't there yet. 

1 hour ago, actonion said:

I often wonder why many Farangs  opt to return to their home country   for  Surgery  when Thaiand has so many   Leading, Expert, Top doctors available ...!!...  

I think you just answered your own question when the said Farangs discover just how "over the top" the so called top surgeons are!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1