6 minutes ago, NamH2O said:

OK Joe thanks,I've done 2 exempt entry's,so I will need a transit or single entry Visa to catch my flight to the UK ?

Have you done 2 visa exempt entries this year?

Have you gotten a 30 day extension for yout most recent visa exempt entry?

A transit visa would be difficult to get. You could apply for a single entry tourist visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

We live in Laos,we have done 2 entry's at Nong Khai since border opened. Second entry was to VFS Bangkok when applying for UK Visa for my wife,she is OK as Laos has bilateral agreement,I've used my 2 exempt entry's so I will need either transit or tourist Visa,to travel to swampy to catch flight to UK I think.

4 minutes ago, NamH2O said:

I will need either transit or tourist Visa,to travel to swampy to catch flight to UK I think.

It would be easier to apply for a single entry tourist visa that the Thai embassy in Vientiane than a transit visa in most cases.

Info can be found on this page that is also for making a appointment to do the application. https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

If you are leaving in August, a flight VTE-BKK, which will not require a visa, now costs about US$100 on Thai Smile. Counting visa and overland travel costs, you could save money by the overland route, but not that much.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NamH2O said:

I want to fly from Udon Thani with Thai Smile,if i fly Air Asia from Vientiane I need to get from Don Mueang  to swampy flying from Udon is my preferred option.

Don't follow. 

If you fly to DMK you are given 30 day exempt entry.

There is a free shuttle bus from DMK to BKK. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NamH2O said:

I want to fly from Udon Thani with Thai Smile,if i fly Air Asia from Vientiane I need to get from Don Mueang  to swampy flying from Udon is my preferred option.

Presumably, you are unaware, in spite of my earlier post, that Thai Smile flies from Vientiane. The fact that you intend anyway to fly from Udon, in my view, makes it even less logical to go to the trouble of getting a visa and crossing by land.

I understand Land Border Border Crossing on Visa Exempt (30 Days) is limited 

to two times per year. My question is this. I hold a Malaysian Passport. I will

travel by land crossing from Padang Besar (Malaysia) by train to Hatyai and

beyond. Will I be limited to only twice a year. Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance.

10 minutes ago, Kismet said:

I understand Land Border Border Crossing on Visa Exempt (30 Days) is limited 

to two times per year. My question is this. I hold a Malaysian Passport. I will

travel by land crossing from Padang Besar (Malaysia) by train to Hatyai and

beyond. Will I be limited to only twice a year. Your advice is much appreciated.

Since you are Malaysian the 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year does not apply to you. There is no limit for you when entering Thailand from Malaysia.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 11:19 AM, ubonjoe said:

Only visa exempt entries at land border crossings are limited to 2 per calendar year. If you have a valid visa for entry there is no limit.

That depends on his nationality. For some countries, there is no such limitation.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

That depends on his nationality. For some countries, there is no such limitation.

It is true for everyone using the regular visa exempt entries (i.e. not those that have been negotiated pursuant to bilateral agreements) with the single exception that Malaysians crossing the Malaysia/Thailand border are not subject to the limit.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

It is true for everyone using the regular visa exempt entries (i.e. not those that have been negotiated pursuant to bilateral agreements) with the single exception that Malaysians crossing the Malaysia/Thailand border are not subject to the limit.

What about Cambodia, Laos?

3 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

What about Cambodia, Laos?

Those that get their visa exempt entries from a bilateral agreement do not have the 2 per year limit.

Cambodians get 14 day entries and Laotians get a 30 day entry from a bilaterial agrement.

Malaysians are not limited to 2 per calendar year if entering from there at land borders.

17 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

But so many countries get it from bilateral agreements, not only Cambodia and Laos. 

You did not ask about them and their really is not that many countries that are on bilateral agreements.

image.png.56ae0e40f04369bfd49cd028e857ebf1.png

Source: List of countries for visa exempt and visas on arrival dated October 2021.

Those on bilateral agreements do not get the 30 day extension for their entries.

4 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

I asked because the guy said that Malaysia is the only country without the two-entries-per-year limit.

I said that Malaysia is the only country exempt from the two per calendar year limit for standard visa exempt entries. I was very clear that the rules are very different for those using visa exempt entries under negotiated bilateral agreements. Besides lower or greater limits on allowed entries by land, visa exempt entries under bilateral agreement vary in the number of days you get on entry, and they do not qualify for the 30-day extension given to those using the standard visa exempt entries.

When discussing standard visa exempt entries, other than stressing that bilateral agreements are excluded, it is not practical to specify all the different individual exceptions where countries have negotiated their own special agreements.

• Thanks 1