Arriving with New Passport and Old passport

Hi all

I'm UK passport holder, who carries 2 UK passports because I'm a frequent traveler

i'm due to arrive in LOS September 7th

i have NON IMM extension of stay based on retirement for 1 year., which is due to expire September 22nd, this is stamped in my 1st Primary passport.

my primary passport is due to expire May 2024

I have just renewed my 2nd (alternate) passport. expiry June 2032

i want to transfer my extension of stay to the newer passport, or at least get my new extension 2022-23 in the newer passport after September 22nd.

which passport should i use upon entry in September 7th at Suvarnabhumi, will Thai immigration stamp the new passport or will they continue to try and stamp the newer passport.

please note my primary passport has NOT been cancelled, its still valid for travel.

thanks 

Suggest using your "primary" passport as normal for another 8 months or so, then renewing that in time for your retirement extension in 2023. Immigration should then transfer your Non O visa (free) and all the rest into your new (No.1) passport in September 2023. 

This is just to avoid showing No.2 pp and probable questions and confusion. Depends where you do it.

If you only want to keep one pp, then suggest transferring all to No.2 pp next year and just let No.1 expire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bolt said:

i have NON IMM extension of stay based on retirement for 1 year., which is due to expire September 22nd, this is stamped in my 1st Primary passport.

my primary passport is due to expire May 2024

I have just renewed my 2nd (alternate) passport. expiry June 2032

Unless I'm mistaken, your re-entry permit is in your primary passport along with your extension.

14 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Unless I'm mistaken, your re-entry permit is in your primary passport along with your extension.

Yes I have a re entry permit in the primary.

I'm worried if i want to put my new retirement extension which is due September in new passport they'll ask for more than the usual amount of money in September.

another question

what is the expiry date for UK passports in Thailand?

for example the expiry date has changed in EU countries, its now 10 years from issued date, and NOT the expiry date mentioned in the passport.

my primary passport has Issue date of 16 August 2013 and expiry date of 16 May 2024, so its 10 year duration is actually 10 years and 9 months.

i received a travel warning advisory earlier in the year whilst en route to Seville in Spain 

• Sad 1