Loud Cheap Charlie.

Dazinoz

20 hours ago, it is what it is said:

so many perfect people using this forum to criticise others.

live and let live.

chill.

you'll feel better for it.

that's no fun, and that would destroy all forums on Earth.   Forum = criticize.  

I really expected more of a story from the OP.   I don't get it, said (maybe yelled) 100 baht and left a beer.  That's it?  That makes a thread?  Well, I'm here so I better criticize.

First, start filming!!!  Upload to Youtube.  Troll the guy before you hit record so we only see him flipping out.   Follow him home.   Call the police.   Disrespecting Thais, OMG, can you get him blacklisted????

Can you go back to the scene of the crime and take crime fotos???  maybe a re-enactment.

I've seen guys hit girls, slap girls, kick girls,  knock out girls......and luckily I was old enough to mind my own business.  If a kid, well, I'd have to help and likely die.  lol.    Anyhow, this takes the cake!!!

keep us posted OP!!!  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

to their imaginary happiness.

I agree with you, and I don't drink or smoke the green stuff; HOWEVER, we don't know the alternative.  Maybe they are super depressed and want to die......a drink calms them down.  Sometimes I think I might need a couple 2 meter bongs......but a massage usually does the job.  

imaginary happiness might be better than some dark cloud of despair.  not saying that's going to fix it, it won't....that's for the online doctors. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I check the price of everything before I buy.

It'd be stupid not to.

But on the other hand, I never feel the need to watch other elderly white guys when I'm out and about, unless they appear to be a direct physical threat to me.

You must be great company on a pub crawl!????

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

I agree with you, and I don't drink or smoke the green stuff; HOWEVER, we don't know the alternative.  Maybe they are super depressed and want to die......a drink calms them down.  Sometimes I think I might need a couple 2 meter bongs......but a massage usually does the job.  

imaginary happiness might be better than some dark cloud of despair.  not saying that's going to fix it, it won't....that's for the online doctors. 

I do drink, and enjoy wine alot more than beer, but again, after a long day riding big bikes, a beer or two taste fantastic. Combined with the excitement of touring and the social aspect of it. But I do not plan my life and holidays around where to find easy and cheap alcohol. Thats the difference I guess. 

When I have mood swings, I stay off alcohol and other substances, or when have sleeping problems I deal with without any pills because I know it is a quick fix and do not solve my problems. Another topic and another day, but the point is, as you said, it doesnt really help your problems. 

Some of My friends taking the weekend off after a long week of work, or go holiday, and end up more tired because of drinking and eating to much? Thats a great holiday if you ask me. But again, I do not have those social genes to understand the importance of such holidays or weekends. Once and awhile, yes, but not main purpose. 

When your evening is destroyed because of a beer cost 100 baht, then im speechless ???? 

I believe most beerbars 20 years ago charged 60 baht for a beer in average? Some 70? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

that's no fun, and that would destroy all forums on Earth.   Forum = criticize.  

I really expected more of a story from the OP.   I don't get it, said (maybe yelled) 100 baht and left a beer.  That's it?  That makes a thread?  Well, I'm here so I better criticize.

First, start filming!!!  Upload to Youtube.  Troll the guy before you hit record so we only see him flipping out.   Follow him home.   Call the police.   Disrespecting Thais, OMG, can you get him blacklisted????

Can you go back to the scene of the crime and take crime fotos???  maybe a re-enactment.

I've seen guys hit girls, slap girls, kick girls,  knock out girls......and luckily I was old enough to mind my own business.  If a kid, well, I'd have to help and likely die.  lol.    Anyhow, this takes the cake!!!

keep us posted OP!!!  

Looks like you have caught the ID 10 T virus.

Another joins my block list.

Edited by Dazinoz
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Not really, in my younger days my whole life, work, rest, and play revolved around alcohol 

When I look back, the only amazing thing about it is that I got away with it ????

We did drink alcohol to, and played with different substances, but work, make money and travelling for sport, activities and adventure was always top of the list before anything, then get wasted after. We already had the interest from the girls because of the nature of what we did, so no need to chase them at nightclubs or alike. 

53 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I wasn't watching him, just having a quiet lunch with my girlfriend. It was  his yelling at top of his voice "100 baht" that got mine and everyone else in bars attention.

That "100bht" took less than a second to shout, as I already pointed out, to catch staff attention...I reckon you must live a pretty sheltered life if that upset you....????

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

COULD A MODERATOR PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.

I feel an OP should be allowed to close their own thread.

That’s appalling censorship, and not specified anywhere in the forum rules.  I reckon you should only be allowed to close a thread on the basis of a Jingthing poll, with maybe a 50% majority, or 75% majority if the request for closure is not from the OP…

No - mods, please forget that suggestion ; I can see how vulnerable might be the Live Rugby League thread.

22 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Was having lunch and a drink with my girlfriend in a nice quite bar in Chiang Mai. I saw an elderly farang sit at end of bar. Next thing in a shouting voice he yelled "100 baht" and got up and left a freshly poured beer and and remainder of bottle contents and left.

If you are talking about the older Farang Man in a white shirt in Mad Dog bar Saturday afternoon I can confirm he was very loud and abusive both when he ordered the beer and when it arrived.  The staff removed the Leo when he stormed out and no money changed hands.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DezLez said:

If you are talking about the older Farang Man in a white shirt in Mad Dog bar Saturday afternoon

in my experience, could be any bar in any town at any time of day. i could say...

'was it the old farang in a checker shirt and socks/sandles in top tit bar soi khao noi on saturday morning...' someone would say ' yeah, i saw that too...'

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

If you are talking about the older Farang Man in a white shirt in Mad Dog bar Saturday afternoon I can confirm he was very loud and abusive both when he ordered the beer and when it arrived.  The staff removed the Leo when he stormed out and no money changed hands.

Yes that was the incident. I did not hear his abuse when he ordered only when he yelled the amount and left. The staff were shaken too. When I paid I put 1000 baht note in the little wood box they give. She was still shaken and gave me the change and the 1000 baht note back. Obviously I gave it back but some of the know everything keyboard warriors on here will probably suggest I didn't or should not have.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jastheace said:

in my experience, could be any bar in any town at any time of day. i could say...

'was it the old farang in a checker shirt and socks/sandles in top tit bar soi khao noi on saturday morning...' someone would say ' yeah, i saw that too...'

But what he said was true.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

But what he said was true.

i didn't say it wasn't. 

i was saying that in my experience, this wasn't an isolated incident, i've encountered similar on several occasions, at different bars and restaurants. sometimes the goods have been consumed before a fuss is made. it seems common... that's all i was saying...

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, jastheace said:

Wrong!

On the grounds that I was the one who named the bar, the day, time of day, the beer, the colour of shirt he wore I think I count as a reliable witness to the OP's post, not someone who just says "yeah i saw that too...".

PS;  I am no doctor etc but the guy seemed more delusional than drunk or being just a mean old skinflint!

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Wrong!

i beg to differ. i quoted you already previously. take the time to read my post in full. actually.... don't bother. i don't have time to repeatedly explain what i wrote. try google translate...

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jastheace said:

take the time to read my post in full.

I did and that is why I responded by saying you were wrong to imply that I was lying with my "eye witness account" which was corroboroted by the OP!

You have been found out so I suggest you just accept it and do not try, as you say to "repeatedly explain what i wrote"!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DezLez said:

I did and that is why I responded by saying you were wrong to imply that I was lying with my "eye witness account" which was corroboroted by the OP!

You have been found out so I suggest you just accept it and do not try, as you say to "repeatedly explain what i wrote"!

i didn't say you were lying. i said that already!

i have been found out? interesting... now i will say it... you are lying!!!... 555

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

That "100bht" took less than a second to shout, as I already pointed out, to catch staff attention...I reckon you must live a pretty sheltered life if that upset you....????

You had to be there to hear the tone and volume of that and his earlier shout. 

As I said earlier he appeared to be more deranged than drunk or just truculent!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/16/2022 at 6:19 PM, Lacessit said:

Depends on whether it was Heineken or Chang. Cheap for a large Heineken, expensive for Chang.

I can't be bothered disputing prices here, if I think it costs too much I'll just say "mai ow" and walk away.

Expensive for a Chang? Not at all, anything with alcohol for 120 baht or less is cheap. If it isn't considered cheap, the person is supposed to drink at home.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Expensive for a Chang? Not at all, anything with alcohol for 120 baht or less is cheap. If it isn't considered cheap, the person is supposed to drink at home.

Actually it was a LEO that he ordered and did not pay for!

In that bar both LEO and Chang Large are 100Baht!