Blue Mountain Coffee

moogradod

Nespresso has the ingenious practise to release a premium new product from time to time - only to take it out of its offering some time later, never to be seen again.

This happened not so long ago with Blue Mountain Coffee. May I ask the coffee affectionados amongst you: Do you know of a decent coffee shop where one may order a proper cup of Blue Mountain Coffee ? Preferably in Pattaya, but if not there then at least in Bangkok.

In Tokyo this would be a no brainer. There, every better coffee shop offers this coffee - regarded as one of the best in the world. And no, I do not want to grind the coffee myself and prepare it in a machine which processes freshly grinded coffee.

Thanks for any hints.

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

I wish I could help you.  I spend 2,200 baht a month on Nespresso capsules for my machine.  To save money my GF re-uses the capsules by putting other ground coffee in & topping with foil lids from Lazada.

Thank you. Yes, Nespresso is expensive but convenient and they have a really large selection. Unfortunately not always what you need regardless of varieties. Happend with Twinings as well (they dumped the "Prince of Wales Tea" variety - in my opinion the best they ever had and it happened with Lotus', they dropped their phantastic Tesco Lotus Original tea).

Since I drink only one cup of coffee for breakfast (maybe two) 2'200.- THB last for me for about 2-3 months. One thing I have to say: Nespresso is lightening fast with their delivery - I have my new capsules in Pattaya in 2 days and ordering is easy, too. They have a good website contrary to many Thai sites I have seen.

Your GF must be a genius, you need to fill up the exact amount and how she exchanges the alufoil is a mystery to me. The machine punches holes into the foil and not only the amount of coffee but the correct pressure are vital for a good coffee.

29 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Your GF must be a genius, you need to fill up the exact amount and how she exchanges the alufoil is a mystery to me. The machine punches holes into the foil and not only the amount of coffee but the correct pressure are vital for a good coffee.

I drink three big mugs a day each needing TWO capsules. I use 1 home made/1 Nespresso in each mug.  She lightly tamps the coffee into a capsule & the lids are self adhesive.  Occasionally one is a bit slow is too tightly packed.

Agree with your comments about Nespresso Company ordering/delivery is 1 st class.  My only crit is the number of sheets of paper with each order = half a forest.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I'm a pleb, I buy Nescafe tins, 15 baht, put the coffee in a cup, microwave for 1 minute.

Thai brewed coffee is OK, but one has to go to Vietnam for the really good stuff.

Back to the good old times of instant coffee with optional milk powder then. Invokes memories. At least THIS will wake you up in the morning. Vietnam is indeed famous for its coffee and coffee shops. Actually the guy who introduced one of the biggest coffee chains in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam is a friend of mine. So I could have first hand expertise of the best coffee machines and coffee if I wanted to. But I stick to Nespresso - although expensive, the standard capsule is 22 Baht while the Blue Mountain was 65 Baht (reserved for special occasions, I am not Elon Musk, either)

6 minutes ago, mikebell said:

.......... My only crit is the number of sheets of paper with each order = half a forest.

Funny, just today I had a look at the delivery that came in yesterday and I thought exactly the same. They manage to give you 6 copies of the same DIN A4 sheet (one as tax invoice, one as copy of tax invoice, one as delivery confirmation etc. etc.) with a delivery.

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Thank you. Yes, Nespresso is expensive but convenient and they have a really large selection. Unfortunately not always what you need regardless of varieties. Happend with Twinings as well (they dumped the "Prince of Wales Tea" variety - in my opinion the best they ever had and it happened with Lotus', they dropped their phantastic Tesco Lotus Original tea).

Since I drink only one cup of coffee for breakfast (maybe two) 2'200.- THB last for me for about 2-3 months. One thing I have to say: Nespresso is lightening fast with their delivery - I have my new capsules in Pattaya in 2 days and ordering is easy, too. They have a good website contrary to many Thai sites I have seen.

https://www.instructables.com/Refill-Used-Nespresso-Capsules-The-Right-Way/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I'm a pleb, I buy Nescafe tins, 15 baht, put the coffee in a cup, microwave for 1 minute.

Thai brewed coffee is OK, but one has to go to Vietnam for the really good stuff.

Got nice coffee up in Mae Hong Son area of Thailand....