Living will.

malt25

Hi all  ????.  There is probably a more appropriate forum for this. Mods, please move if so.

I wish to write a new will. I have a previous will made some 6 years ago, by a Thai law firm. I can use  this will as a template for the new will, changing relevant details. 

My question. Can one of the witnesses to my signature be the nominated  trustee, executor ? I'm thinking so, but like to be sure.

Thanks.....     Mal.

10 hours ago, The Theory said:

???? and what is the difference between those 2 ? 

I'd also like to know. My original post relates to making a "will". Who I wish to receive my assets & finances. I'll include my wishes re what happens to my remains. Advice appreciated.

1 hour ago, malt25 said:

I'd also like to know. My original post relates to making a "will". Who I wish to receive my assets & finances. I'll include my wishes re what happens to my remains. Advice appreciated.

Two totally different Wills .  Living Will makes it clear whom will make decisions , have access to money on your behalf when you are deemed incapable of making those decisions yourself ( ie if hospitalised and in a coma ).

So a "Living Will" is one that applies whilst you are still alive .

The normal "Last Will and Testament " applies after your death . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Two totally different Wills .  Living Will makes it clear whom will make decisions , have access to money on your behalf when you are deemed incapable of making those decisions yourself ( ie if hospitalised and in a coma ).

So a "Living Will" is one that applies whilst you are still alive .

The normal "Last Will and Testament " applies after your death . 

Thanks for that.

Malt, maybe you shouldn't be writing your own "Will" if you don't understand the differences between a Final Will and a Living Will, especially if there are people, like children from previous relationship who are likely to contest it.  Trying to save money by not hiring a lawyer could be false economy.

• Like 2