Father takes student out of northern Thai school after she sells marijuana - MP involved, parents furious

webfact

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Reminds me of the HS days.  Lunch was doobies in the field, then hardest part of the day, deciding whether to go back.  Half the time I didn't ????

Missed 40 days of school in 12th grade, that's 80 half days, of 160 mandatory days to attend.

They actually thought about not letting me graduate.  Told them I didn't care, as I wasn't going anyway.  I'll pick up the diploma, some day, maybe.  Or get a GED...so F O, as  piece of paper, I simply don't need.

Best first hand account on why every parent should be worried.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Best first hand account on why every parent should be worried.

Actually that sounds worse than how it reads.  I only had 1 class after lunch, and that was Spanish, and we had 4 students.  The teacher knew I was a stoner, and would actually tell me 'you need to be here friday for a test' ...  ????

Actually an A & B grade student in every subject.  I just didn't need to be there to learn every day.  They teach, I hear, I remember.  They actually use to get frustrated with me and thought I was cheating on the tests, since I never took notes.  I just didn't need to.

Plus when I did show up for class, I'd fall asleep.  Use to work till 1 AM on 3 weekdays, and do back to back 12 shifts on the weekend, fri/sat at restaurant.  Talk about child labor laws, or lack of.

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah the local school drug dealers, reminds me of the US and buying cannabis in middle school then going Skateboarding in the empty pools and smoking a few bowls before heading home to do my homework.  Of course it was just a stage I went through from 12 to 15......

Jeez, Ryan, except for the skateboard, never really stopped for this old hippie!

21 hours ago, webfact said:

On Tuesday the director of the school Jaichai Punnapong said that the M6 girl had sold loose weed to others at the school then switched to extracts.

Anutins gift to the nation....

• Haha 1

Parents need to be a big part of children's life guiding them when the stumble. I worry about children in NE drinking cheap whiskey at 14-15 years old without access to further education due to financial reasons or slow learners. 14-15 years old and no ongoing schooling is a recipe for difficult times and

they don’t have many options….

amyway I think children will be ok with a little help along the way.