Thaksin warns of ‘Bangkok model’ in next elections, questions planned foreign land buying law being considered by Prayut

webfact

Thaksin said "I don't disagree with this concept" while talking about plans for foreigners to own land.

Cue Aseannow posters falling over each other to shout hypocrisy and reminding us  of his family's Chinese origin.

Jeez....the guy said he agrees ("I don't disagree") with the idea.

Another false start for the predictable Thaksin haters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Thaksin said "I don't disagree with this concept" while talking about plans for foreigners to own land.

Cue Aseannow posters falling over each other to shout hypocrisy and reminding us  of his family's Chinese origin.

Jeez....the guy said he agrees ("I don't disagree") with the idea.

Another false start for the predictable Thaksin haters.

Whose hating the man? He is a Chinese immigrant

Are you saying that only Chinese immigrants from 100 years ago can own land? but Western immigrants from the last 50 years cannot?

I repeat Chinese immigrant is saying that other foreigner immigrants 'Shouldn't own land, only lease land, not fair to poor people'

This land is not China, assimilating is what many immigrants around the world do, no different to Irish, Italian and Chinese immigrants in New York, are only Chinese immigrants allowed to own land in New York?

If you want to protect a Chinese nationalist immigrant who owns land in Siam/Thailand, saying other immigrants cannot own land, well what more can I say, except when you take your head out, use some lubricant

22 hours ago, humbug said:

This is a man from Chinese ancestors, who emigrated like many Chinese over the last 140 years, from a cool climate to a hot climate of Siam/Thailand, with different languages, customs, telling all other foreigners, 'They shouldn't own land, only lease, not fair to the poor people'

I will repeat, a Chinese family emigrating from China, and telling other foreigners 'They shouldn't own any land'

Chinese translation, only Chinese immigrants can own land, all you other competitor race immigrants Cannot

Thaksin is not an immigrant.

By your same token, the majority of current USA, Australian, Canadian, S. Americans, and and and, should be considered not citizens but immigrants.

If you want to imply that he is loyal to the land of his ancestors, then I remind you that the law to block foreigners from owning land is there also for the Chinese (perhaps, especially for them).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

By your same token, the majority of current USA, Australian, Canadian, S. Americans, and and and, should be considered not citizens but immigrants.

If you want to imply that he is loyal to the land of his ancestors, then I remind you that the law to block foreigners from owning land is there also for the Chinese (perhaps, especially for them).

I think your succinct facts will fly over the heads of the hate mob.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, humbug said:

Whose hating the man? He is a Chinese immigrant

Are you saying that only Chinese immigrants from 100 years ago can own land? but Western immigrants from the last 50 years cannot?

I repeat Chinese immigrant is saying that other foreigner immigrants 'Shouldn't own land, only lease land, not fair to poor people'

This land is not China, assimilating is what many immigrants around the world do, no different to Irish, Italian and Chinese immigrants in New York, are only Chinese immigrants allowed to own land in New York?

If you want to protect a Chinese nationalist immigrant who owns land in Siam/Thailand, saying other immigrants cannot own land, well what more can I say, except when you take your head out, use some lubricant

As in my previous post, your concept of "immigrant" seems very confused.

If a person has the local passport, than he/she is not an immigrant, especially if he/she was born here. You confuse being an immigrant with having foreign ancestors.

About your mention of Western immigrants from the last 50 years, how are they living in Thailand? I have been here many years, my visa and extensions are non-Imm meaning that I am not an immigrant, just a long-term guest.

People who really want to have the option to become permanent residents and citizens, in this latter case they obtain a Thai passport and can buy land of course. Anyone who has been here for 50 years and is not a citizen, it's their choice.

My last reply to you.

1 minute ago, arithai12 said:

He is a Chinese immigrant, his family are Chinese immigrants, they emigrated from a completely different country called China, different climate, different language, different cuisine, different skin color, different customs, even different budhism

I repeat, are you saying a Chinese immigrant from 100 years ago can own land, but a Western immigrant from 50 years ago cannot?

You say laws, well we all see the laws, didn't stop the Chinese immigrants buying land

Did only Chinese immigrants in New York buy land, or were other immigrants like Irish and Italians able to buy land?

See I hit a raw nerve with the Chinese, with facts, Chinese are immigrants like many other nationalities here, deal with it