Motorists beware! Points system in operation next year - lose all your points and licence suspended 3 months

webfact

On 7/21/2022 at 7:59 AM, brianthainess said:

How many Falang rent Motor Bikes without a M/C licence ?

Possibly far less than the millions of Thais driving/riding motorbikes without a licence

"Of the 10 million drivers who do not have driving licenses, eight million of them are motorcyclists, he said as he maintained that 30 percent of the road accidents were committed by drivers who do not have driving licenses."

Police defend  proposal for stiff fines for drivers without driving licenses | Thai PBS World : The latest Thai news in English, News Headlines, World News and News Broadcasts in both Thai and English. We bring Thailand to the world

Edited by Excel

12 minutes ago, Excel said:

Possibly far less than the millions of Thais driving/riding motorbikes without a licence

"Of the 10 million drivers who do not have driving licenses, eight million of them are motorcyclists, he said as he maintained that 30 percent of the road accidents were committed by drivers who do not have driving licenses."

Police defend  proposal for stiff fines for drivers without driving licenses | Thai PBS World : The latest Thai news in English, News Headlines, World News and News Broadcasts in both Thai and English. We bring Thailand to the world

I would say more than 30% of foreign tourists don't have a motorbike licence, just by observing how they drive.

On 7/21/2022 at 8:15 AM, brianthainess said:

How many other countries have separate licences as Thailand does for Cars and M/C ? 

Sorry, i put fake news. Only one in UK which covers many classes of vehicle.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

I would say more than 30% of foreign tourists don't have a motorbike licence, just by observing how they drive.

So given what 10 million tourists this year ( or whatever magical figure TAT comes out with), you have observed all of them to draw that conclusion ? 

Now you know or or may have read somewhere that the recycled air on flights has a potentially damaging effect on the human brain. There is one clear example of this phenomena to illustrate the point and that is in the western world, and other countries too, driving lessons and driving tests are of a much higher standards than those currently undertaken in Thailand, would you agree ?  Also we have it drummed into us from a young age safety safety safety and that includes the necessity of wearing helmets on bikes, also agreed ?

So given that and to prove my opinion that recycled air may effect the human brain, then this is borne out by the fact that on arrival large numbers abandon any form of that safety awareness which was drummed into them by not wearing helmets or following traffic regulations hence potentially impacting their safety. Either that or they consider Thailand's roads are so safe they have no need for such precautions. I'll go for the former.

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

False Information Total BS ! it's all on ONE licence, car, motorbike AND ALL other categories.

Yes Brian, I edited my post as soon as I realised I was wrong. Sorry.

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry, i put fake news. Only one in UK which covers many classes of vehicle.

Yes, my UK licence now covers car, bike and heavy goods vehicle.

I remember when my HGV licence was as big as a passport.

HGV.jpg.58c5cde9c59cee9e09fac641ecef6d66.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So no points deducted for; Lights not working, Failing to switch on lights at dusk, dark rainy days, not indicating, and RED lights  on the Front ! of vehicles oh and driving with un-authorized blue and red flashing lights. and rear fog light on a clear day. Bald or dangerous tyres. 

7 hours ago, Excel said:

The point is Thais start driving M/C around 9yrs old and have experience, as new-borns many are brought home on a M/C whereas  many 'Falang' have no experience whatsoever.

• Haha 1

Just as an observation, Saraburi is one of the most fascist camera-orientated places for fines in Thailand and the locals all say "Don't do anything wrong there" as you'll be fined/sanctioned for anything at all. It's like 500 baht fine for changing lanes in the wrong place.