Generator

djayz

Am well and truly fed up of the black outs up where we live every time the winds pick up or there is a storm. I want to buy a generator for the house. Nothing big or fancy, just enough to keep lights, fridge and fans going until the lecky is back again. Has anybody bought one from "Bison"? Although I am more than likely to pick one of the more trustworthy brands, I would appreciate any comments regarding this brand as I know absolutely nothing about it.  

We bought a 5KW Bison petrol generator from Global House a few years ago to use around the farm to run pumps and for building projects. It was relatively cheap - but we have had no problems with it. It is not as quiet as a ‘quality’ offering from Honda - but it does the job well. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, G Rex said:

We bought a 5KW Bison petrol generator from Global House a few years ago to use around the farm to run pumps and for building projects. It was relatively cheap - but we have had no problems with it. It is not as quiet as a ‘quality’ offering from Honda - but it does the job well. 

O Lucky Man!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Let the buyer beware... caveat emptor is a lesson I keep learning and relearning.

A while back I got stiffed on a "Honda" weed wacker.

The owners manual had numerous mistakes in the English section.

A genuine Honda would never have such bad English in their publications.

It was my mistake entirely for not checking well enough before buying. However, the bootleg machine has been satisfactory in every way.

TIT. I will never fully understand it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1