Expert warns Bangkok may face worse flooding September-October

webfact

image.jpeg

In September and October, Bangkok is at risk of flooding which may be worse than that experienced this week, especially Wednesday night, warned Assoc. Prof. Dr. Seree Supratid, a water expert and director of the Climate Change and Disaster Centre at Rangsit University.

Dr. Seree said that the flooding in Bangkok on Wednesday and Thursday was caused by an unusual amount of rainfall, measured at 160mm in some areas, which is equivalent to the maximum amount in a 10-year cycle, compared to 60mm in a 2-year cycle.

He explained that the 160mm of rainfall for a 10-year cycle was the average rainfall calculated from the amount of rain which fell in the past 50 years and 260mm for a 100-year cycle, adding that this kind of excessive rain can occur any time, citing the downpours on Wednesday night.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/expert-warns-bangkok-may-face-worse-flooding-september-october/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

I am so glad that some expert, figured the situation out for all of us.

Maybe September and October is not the time to visit Thailand. I am certainly glad that I generally

visit Thailand from December until March.