Arriving with 1 year retirement extension NOT wanting to renew but wanting to stay longer

Hi I want to know my options 

I have a extension of stay based on retirement, which is valid until Sept 22nd 2022

I'm due to arrive in LOS September 10th. I'm considering NOT renewing so how long can i stay in LOS ?

UK passport holder 

Do I need to leave September 22nd

If you have a valid re-entry permit you would be stamped into the country until September 22nd unless the arrival immigration officer was willing to give you a 30 day visa exempt entry.

A 30 day visa exempt entry can be expended for 30 days. After that you would have to leave the country.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a valid re-entry permit you would be stamped into the country until September 22nd unless the arrival immigration officer was willing to give you a 30 day visa exempt entry.

A 30 day visa exempt entry can be expended for 30 days. After that you would have to leave the country.

do you mean the 30 day will be separate from the re-entry or linked

Edited by bolt

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

If the immigration officer gave you a 30 day visa exempt instead of using your re-entry permit it would be separate.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If the immigration officer gave you a 30 day visa exempt instead of using your re-entry permit it would be separate.

what could happen if the immigration office doesn't give me the 30 day extension 

would i be forced to leave on Sept 22nd 

10 minutes ago, bolt said:

i'm wanting to leave October 15th

As uj suggests ...ask immigration to give you 30 day visa exempt entry.

They can do it.

If not you will need exit before expiry of your extension Sept 22 and reenter visa exempt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 1:04 PM, bolt said:

Do not write anything in the 'visa#' section, and they won't use your retirement visa.

I actually did the opposite, had the marriage visa, but didn't write it in, and didn't notice the 30 day stamp when arriving.  Did a 90 day, and the IO officer told my I overstayed 60 days ...

Waited for my WT? reaction, then chuckled and made the correction.  Guessing a common mistake.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Do not write anything in the 'visa#' section, and they won't use your retirement visa.

He has no valid visa# or re-entry permit# to write on the TM6 form, so your advice does not apply.

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

He has no valid visa# or re-entry permit# to write on the TM6 form, so your advice does not apply.

The the thread is a bit of a mute subject.  So simply asking how to stay more than 1 month ????

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

OP didn't say if he has a valid re-entry permit.

If he doesn't have RE, then his extension is automatically void and he will be granted the 30d visa exempt which is what he needs - to be extended by 30d.

If he does have it, he needs to ask the IO to ignore it. Best cover the RE with a post-it sticker to make sure that the IO gets the point. I think he will succeed.

On 7/23/2022 at 11:51 PM, bolt said:

my plan is to switch my arrival date to after the retirement has expired.

then enter with 30 day stamp, or get a 12 month NON-O outside of Thailand

Did you get a re-entry permit before you left the country?  If not your extension  of stay was voided what  you left. In which case either enter visa exempt snd extend  it or get a single entry tourist  visa.

On 7/25/2022 at 8:15 PM, Sheryl said:

Did you get a re-entry permit before you left the country?  If not your extension  of stay was voided what  you left. In which case either enter visa exempt snd extend  it or get a single entry tourist  visa.

Yes I normally get a Multi re-entry.

but 

my plans have changed, i will simply arrive after my retirement extension has expired so I will get a 30 day upon entry and airport.

I'm still working so I wont be staying longer than 30 days at any one time.

I'm currently in Thailand on a retirement extension that expires on August 24, which happens to be the last day to apply for the covid extension, as of now.

What would happen if I applied for covid extension on August 23 or 24? Most likely at Chonburi immigration.

I'm in contact with an agent who says they can "convert" my retirement extension to covid extension.

Thank you

19 minutes ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

I'm currently in Thailand on a retirement extension that expires on August 24, which happens to be the last day to apply for the covid extension, as of now.

You do not qualify for a 60 day covid 19 extension since you entered the country using a non immigrant visa (aka non-o).

Only those that entered visa exempt or with a tourist visa qualify for one.

• Thanks 1