How do I check if I have any outstanding speeding tickets?

jack71

I found an old speeding ticket (photo of my car on the hwy) and cant remember if I paid it or not. 

How can I find out if I have any outstanding fines to pay? 

A few years ago I remember visiting the dept of cars and someone checked on the computer and confirmed that I had no outstanding fines. I visited them again yesterday and they said they couldnt confirm anything for me. They said I would have to go to the traffic police. 

Anyone have any ideas about this

thanks

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Wait and see if you have to pay it when renewing road tax disc.

I don’t believe there is a ‘link’ between DLT Tax and traffic fines.... 

Each year we renew our Tax (online and the tax ‘square’) is posted to us (Wife takes care of it all) and there is never an issue....  we always have loads of outstanding speeding and traffic offence fines.

It’s really not something I bother about...  They can’t get the system right: The car is registered in my Wife’s name, the tickets always go to her parents house in Bangkok, yet the car, her driving licence, her ID, her tax records, everything is registered to our home in Bangkok... (she has nothing registered at her parents house anymore yet tickets still go there) - Maybe the DLT do not update their records. 

Thus: we can claim we never get the tickets (her parents bring them over). 

For the sanctimonious: The speeding tickets are for doing 126 kmh in a 120 kmh zone etc... (yes, we’re terrible people !)....  we also get a repeated ticket for crossing a ‘solid white line’ near our house where the road markings are very poorly thought out / designed. 

-------

Thus: To answer the Ops question: I don’t know where or how to find out if there are any outstanding tickets, but, its not something I would even be concerned about. 

There will be another 20+ announcements about points systems etc before anything actually starts getting enforced. 

30 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I prefered pre camera days 200 baht and politely being told keep your ticket in case you get stopped again. ????

The ticket was like your speeding fine for the day. ????

Yes, but that only worked if recurring offenses took place within the same providence as the one the ticket was written against. 

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah I have been sent two pictures of speeding and told to send 500 baht.

1 was caught 76 in a 70, another a 78 in a 70, the places it happened don't seem to work anymore maybe it was mobile cameras.

I prefered pre camera days 200 baht and politely being told keep your ticket in case you get stopped again. ????

The ticket was like your speeding fine for the day. ????

Not sure where that happened to you, they started doing that in Chiang Mai before too and the camera's didn't last long (but long enough to get me 2 fines with pictures). Now it is back to cash in hand deals.

Last August my hire car from Phuket to Chiang Mai flashed every speed camera possible around BKK it was like a Christmas tree I thought my deposit was toast coming out of Phuket at the first flash so nailed it all the way but a month later got my £100 deposit back no fines result ????  

9 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Got proof to back that statement up ?

be good if true.

but can't see why it would be.

You're correct, I was wrong.  Apparently speed tickets have a 1 yr statue of limitations.

Google is your friend.

Refers to Redbull grandson case.  Not sure if allowed to link it.

"The speeding charge was later dropped when the one-year statute of limitations expired"

16 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Not sure where that happened to you, they started doing that in Chiang Mai before too and the camera's didn't last long (but long enough to get me 2 fines with pictures). Now it is back to cash in hand deals.

Like I said it was I believe a mobile set up from time to time because after looking there was no fixed cameras in any of the locations I got caught.

What I think it was just a money chaser both pictures were front and back on a straight wide 4 lane road with no other cars in sight. 

My wife threw them in the bin anyway. 

18 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You're correct, I was wrong.  Apparently speed tickets have a 1 yr statue of limitations.

Google is your friend.

Refers to Redbull grandson case.  Not sure if allowed to link it.

"The speeding charge was later dropped when the one-year statute of limitations expired"

That would have been a few years back

Is it still the case, ? one year and not have to pay the speeding fine.

Sounds daft to me.

But TIT.

Edited by Orinoco

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

As I have said already have done my road tax renewal twice.

Yep, until they start using them computers, I don't think there is much to worry about if not paying tickets here.  I await the first one that reports repercussions from not paying.

Though I suspect my future driving will be a bit more legal, around that 90 kph mark.  Not due to fear of being cited, but better range with an EV.  120 vs 90 kph, you really don't gain much time.   Maybe 1/2 hr earlier arrival on a 4 hr trip, if lucky.

Not a whole lot of interprovince roads here without intersections, if any.

16 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yep, until they start using them computers, I don't think there is much to worry about if not paying tickets here.  I await the first one that reports repercussions from not paying.

Though I suspect my future driving will be a bit more legal, around that 90 kph mark.  Not due to fear of being cited, but better range with an EV.  120 vs 90 kph, you really don't gain much time.   Maybe 1/2 hr earlier arrival on a 4 hr trip, if lucky.

Not a whole lot of interprovince roads here without intersections, if any.

I'm would like to see speed limits through villages taken more seriously like width gaps, bumps etc to slow drivers down at the moment nothing is done even when  there's a crash.

Certain roads are dangerous to speed on as well but the two speed fines I got were just trying to rake in money IMHO.

I rarely go over the speed limit in my truck, riding my bike I go fast in what I would call places you can. ????