Real Estate agent for condo sale

Can anyone recommend a honest RE agent that they have used and can attest to  their honesty?  Has everyone stopped laughing!!!    I have a condo in View Talay 2A Jomtien Beach,  I am the original owner and it’s in foreign name.   Wife and I live in Bangkok otherwise we would sell it ourselves.   Thanks for any assistance.

• Haha 1

Honest agent? You need every agent to list your property, what you agree to pay them is up to yourself. If they like it they will do it, if they don't they do not. 

Whether you live there or not, would not help you at all to ''sell it yourself''. Poor timing to sell too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

In case you don't know it: It is almost 100% sure that you have to pay a commission - to whoever.

I bought a condominium unit in the condominium where I live. I know about the unit which I bought because I asked the management from my building. 

And because the people work in the building I had this idea that this is part of their job.

The previous owner of the unit which I bough paid commission to the manager of "my" building so that they tell people this unit exists and is for sale. And they demand the usual 3% commission for their service - about 5min work.

I know about another unit in the same building which is for sale and the management never mentioned it. It seems the owner was not willing to pay the management of the building any commission. So for them that unit does not exist for sale. They just ignore it. 

This seems to be absolutely normal and unavoidable.

And if the laundry lady of the building would have told someone then she would want the commission, ...

For me, with my limited experience, it seems like you will always pay the commission. Maybe to a professional agent who really does a lot of work or maybe to the laundry lady for 5min work.

Good luck! You need it.

• Like 1

Tommy from Lazudi RE 089-479-2342 seems to be a good person, i was looking to buy a unit in Pattaya with sea View and he seemed to have a lot of stock, and yesS, all agents charges the usual commission of 3% of the sale price..

Just to get things straight, I am NOT trying to get out of paying a commission for services rendered in the sale of my condo, 

be it an agent,  park lot attendant, security guard etc.

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

You are the owner but it is in a foreign name? I assume your name is what you are referring to? I fail to see what this all means.

I purchased the condo 19 years ago and as I was an early buyer I had it listed in the 49%  reserved for foreign buyers asI am from the USA.

1 minute ago, Spaniel said:

I purchased the condo 19 years ago and as I was an early buyer I had it listed in the 49%  reserved for foreign buyers asI am from the USA.

That percentage is refers to the total number of condos for sale. i.e. if it has 100 condos 49 can be owned by foreigners

1 hour ago, sitta said:

96 Sqm 1 Bedroom with City Views in View Talay 2 A For Sale @3.9M, is this normal pricing?

Maybe, but some other things can influence price, ie foreign name registration, what floor, facing city or sea, 

2 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

That percentage is refers to the total number of condos for sale. i.e. if it has 100 condos 49 can be owned by foreigners

Not true-unless all the apartments are the exact same size.

The 49% refers to the space allocated in the Condo for apartments which can be sold to foreigners.

The remaining 51% cannot be sold to foreigners directly.

There is no segregation. If a foreigner gets in early when purchasing an apartment then he should secure in the 49%. That is 49% of total apartment area

The area within the building that is not occupied by apartments is typically referred to as Common Area i.e. corridors-stairs-lift(s)  admin. office etc.

• Like 1

I bought my condo a few years ago from East Coast Real Estate in Jomtien, office close to VT2.

They were highly professional, and handled everything, including the legal side - I was no doubt stupid for not doing that part through an independent lawyer, but I still seem to own the place!

Highly recommended, but don’t know if they’re more expensive or not.

https://seaboard-properties.com/

They have a office in the lobby of View Talay 7.

They sold my condo in VT7, 3 years ago, and I was very happy with there services. The girl in charge hired an electrician to do minor repairs, other tradesmen and cleaners to make the property sparkle.

Walked both the buyer and myself through the land office procedures

Took care of canceling my prepaid electrical contract

Accompanied me to the bank for translation if needed for the money transfer out of the county

Excellent service.

Edited by kwonitoy

17 hours ago, Delight said:

Not true-unless all the apartments are the exact same size.

The 49% refers to the space allocated in the Condo for apartments which can be sold to foreigners.

The remaining 51% cannot be sold to foreigners directly.

There is no segregation. If a foreigner gets in early when purchasing an apartment then he should secure in the 49%. That is 49% of total apartment area

The area within the building that is not occupied by apartments is typically referred to as Common Area i.e. corridors-stairs-lift(s)  admin. office etc.

Error in my maths you are correct