New shops flowering everyday, is it true that they don't have any license or any company ? They just open the weed shops as they open a grocery shop ?

hello,

New shops flowering everyday, is it true that they don't have any license or any company ? They just open the weed shops as they open a grocery shop ?

This is what I have been told, and after checking, it seems that people who sell weed are not controlled yet ? can you confirm ?

nice to find this forum !

As the edict was only issued yesterday there is still some confusion...

But it seems like you'll need to register to 'process' and sell Cannabis. I think the fee is ~ 3,000 THB, maybe another 1,000 THB for something related.

One Thai person said the process was easy, maybe 20 days for approvals.

I think this will apply to both online and brick/mortar.

Some talk of allowing online ordering and mesenger fulfillment (done now, "informally" of course), but that's not been fully defined.

Oh I see that Coconuts article. Explains a lot, esp. why some dispensaries closed a few weeks ago.

Edited by bamnutsak

From that Coconuts article...

Thailand’s budding legal cannabis scene was reeling in confusion this morning after a new government order instructed police to arrest anyone selling weed without “permission” – despite the fact no such permission exists. 

The Police are said to be NOT HAPPY.

Train Wreck...https://www.leafly.com/strains/trainwreck

Thank goodness the cupboard is full.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Haha 2

Google Translate

Check it out!!! How to get a license to sell regulated plants "cannabis" legally
From the case that the Ministry of Health has announced an order giving police powers to arrest marijuana across the country to control marijuana liberalization before it starts using it. Cannabis-Hemp Act New edition coming soon For the documents that need to be prepared are as follows:
1. Copy of the applicant's ID card 2. Copy of the applicant's house registration 3. Store location map Photos of the face and inside the store 4. The origin of controlled herbs, that is, those who planted themselves Bring a commercial planting certificate with you. As for those who accept to sell, they must bring a receipt or purchase document with them. 5. Document Form Thor Por 12 (available for free) 6. Lease agreement or ownership of the host, such as a copy of the house registration of the host. of the location where the store is located 7. If you are a juristic person, you must prepare relevant documents such as company registration documents. Authorized director's ID card house registration of authorized directors, etc.
As for the fee, the proportion is divided according to the license. 1) Research license. Controlled herbs 1,000 baht 2) Sales license Controlled herbs 3,000 baht 3) Export license Controlled herbs 20,000 baht, etc. 4) The application fee for all types of licenses is 20 baht. However, the license is valid for 3 years from the year of permission. or until December 31 of the third year
The place to apply for a permit for Bangkok is at Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine Ministry of Public Health, Tiwanon Road, Mueang District, Nonthaburi, contact 02-591-7007. Those in other provinces can contact Provincial Public Health Office (PSU)

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 1:20 PM, weluwe said:

This is what I have been told, and after checking, it seems that people who sell weed are not controlled yet ? can you confirm ?

legally they must have a licence.

In practice this is Thailand... nuff said.

I guess that eventually you'll need a license to sell, and 'process', cannabis.

Who knows when they might enforce this requirement? For now that's been delayed.

Some smaller growers are banding together to file for one license.