Thaksin: Don’t Cremate My Dead Body, Let The Battle Be Immortalized

webfact

4 hours ago, smedly said:

Thaksin you are just as bad as those in power right now - this country needs huge reform - it does not need greedy corrupt ### returning to do pretty much what those in power are doing right now 

The people need to be able to vote for individuals into government - not a party which allows that party to put in place people they never directly elected - THAT IS NOT DEMACRACY - who voted for Prawit ? who voted for Anutin - and the cheese on the cake - who voted for Prayut ?????????? - nobody - the Thaipeople think they have demacracy - if they understood it they would realise that the people running the country were not put in place by them .........maybe their party won but they didn't

Thaksin is nowhere even close to being in the same ballpark as the villains currently riding roughshod over the country.

Your post history is littered with sycophantic cheerleading of anti-democratic, oppressive and corrupt coup makers.

What Thailand needs is less you and more Thaksin.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

I think the majority don't really care, as long as they have rice for their next meal, everything is ok! What have they done to change things in the past 8 years? 10,000 protesters? Irrelevant!

I’d be pretty confident that a great many Thais have, in the fight for democracy, done (and risked) an awful lot more than you ever have. 

Why don’t you tell us about the last time you ever got off the barstool and risked life and limb for a cause.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I’d be pretty confident that a great many Thais have, in the fight for democracy, done (and risked) an awful lot more than you ever have. 

Why don’t you tell us about the last time you ever got off the barstool and risked life and limb for a cause.

Well for a start, I don't drink, I don't hang out on bar stools and I have not had the cause to risk life and limb for my comfortable existence, hence, not my problem.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Also, Thailand was a lot more fun under Thaksin. Prayut's puritanical side has really taken a lot of the joy out of the place so on a tangible level, I prefer Thaksin.

Try telling that to the victims families of his extrajudicial killings.  You want a return to that?  Suggest you need to see a shrink asap.

Edited by lujanit
spelling

12 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Nonsense!

The anti democratic forces in Thailand were never going to be swiftly defeated. Thaksin sure as hell gave them an almighty scare, he had them running in fear that their demise would be immediate. Alas, it turned out to be a case of close, but not quite. Make no mistake, democracy and freedom are coming to Thailand in the near future and there is nobody, absolutely nobody, who has more claim to being the primary force   that has turned the dream of millions into a reality than Thaksin.

Yep, democracy by paying massive numbers of poor folks to vote for him, along with a threat if they didn't vote for him.

The wonders of democracy. 

But I do agree, the younger very different parties with real and valuable fair policies are making ground however the military stacked senate still quite a road block to anything close to democracy.

It will happen....

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Thaksin had a wonderful opportunity to do something positive for Thailand, and himself. Unfortunately, he squandered it due to his greed and will live out his days in exile. He ruined it all, for money he didn't even need. The parable of the frog and the scorpion describes the situation perfectly.

He's still 100x better than Prayut though.

Thaksin didn't do it for money. It was and is all about POWER. But unfortunately Thai history shows up to now fighting groups, clans with  the greed to lead the country. This given it comes subsequently with access to a lot of money. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lujanit said:

Try telling that to the victims families of his extrajudicial killings.  You want a return to that?  Suggest you need to see a shrink asap.

Return???

You think there has been no extra judicial killings in the 8 years since the coup. 

Washing up dead on the banks of the Mekong with a torso full of concrete is death by natural causes?

Anyone who thinks Thaksin was the driving force behind the war on drugs is (probably deliberately) ill informed. It doesn’t take a lot of effort scrolling through the internet to locate the facts about  the reasons, the timing and the actual death toll of the “war on drugs”

You should probably follow your own advice and get in touch with that shrink.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Washing up dead on the banks of the Mekong with a torso full of concrete is death by natural causes?

He followed a meme advice to swallow concrete and harden up?

9 hours ago, webfact said:

At one point in the clip Thaksin said it could be he was dumb about handling people because his experience was in the country but upon coming to Bangkok life took a big leap forward.

Yeah.. robbed the country blind.

3 minutes ago, malibukid said:

is comparative forms of government taught in Thai high schools schools?  UK vs. America vs. Russia or China?  just asking?  has anyone seen a Thai text book on the subject?

As far as I can work out, nothing exists outside of Thailand in the education curriculum.

Therefore, no comparisons are required.

Give an atlas to most students and ask them to locate a few countries.

Only blank stares.

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Nonsense!

The anti democratic forces in Thailand were never going to be swiftly defeated. Thaksin sure as hell gave them an almighty scare, he had them running in fear that their demise would be immediate. Alas, it turned out to be a case of close, but not quite. Make no mistake, democracy and freedom are coming to Thailand in the near future and there is nobody, absolutely nobody, who has more claim to being the primary force   that has turned the dream of millions into a reality than Thaksin.

Democracy and freedom may well be coming to Thailand, swiftly followed by another coup.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

He's very much relevant. If he wasn't the dinos currently in power wouldn't have thrown hissy fits every time he opens his mouth.

The dinos in power throw hissy fits when they see a falang, when they see 2 students together, when the barrack gates are open or when they see their own shadows.

Thaksin does not have exclusivity.

2 hours ago, wombat said:

So we tanned his hide

When he died Clyde,

and that's it hanging on the shed.

Altogether now...

Sorry Rolf, unfortunately lost on many...... 

• Haha 1

How happy the people were back when he was in power & we know wealthy elites remove reformers. Just ask the Issan people how bad everything has got since. Drugs were dealt with & ordinary people could get hospital treatment  He was on the world stage, he fought crime, tourism was high, Thailand was open for business not isolated and we tourists would get well over 55 bht to pound.  

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Also, Thailand was a lot more fun under Thaksin. Prayut's puritanical side has really taken a lot of the joy out of the place so on a tangible level, I prefer Thaksin. 

I have lived here since long before Thaksin came in when it was genuinely an "anything goes" fun place (mid 90's).   More fun under Thaksin??  Those are some mightily pink lenses you are wearing.

Thaksin had his murderous war on drugs.  Now we have legal weed which is pretty fun.

Thaksin appointed Purachai - the most anti-fun person in power that we have ever had.  He was a man of regular bar raids with urine tests for all patrons, he enforced early closing, he enforced the ridiculous 2pm - 5pm ban on alcohol sales.

More fun under Thaksin?  How could anyone say that.

• Confused 2

Don't know which is more toxic and self-serving, the consistent promotion and attention seeking Thaksin, and his handlers/followers, or the fanciful and deluded misdirection of the current regime and their extensions.

In a round about and calculated manner, they both deserve one another. 

Nothing short of a three-ring circus.

5 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Democracy and freedom may well be coming to Thailand, swiftly followed by another coup.

Another coup? 
Perhaps.

Perhaps not. 

The dam wall is cracking and the military and elites are running out of fingers to plug the ever growing number of holes.
You see, coups are no longer inevitable… and that is a huge advance.

• Thanks 1